Chapter 21

Hudayfah pushed Jenna out of the way as he helped his friend into the house, and Omar clung onto his arm, wincing as he stepped gingerly on his left leg.

"Hey Hud." He said hoarsely, and Hudayfah looked up at his wife.

"Jen, go get him some water please, then ask Rana to get down here with her bag." He exclaimed, and as Jenna dashed out of the room, Hudayfah helped Omar sit down.

"Omar! Habibi are you okay!? We've been so worried about you!" he exclaimed, and as Jenna came rushing back in with a glass, Omar took it gratefully, gulping it down before leaning against the couch.

"I escaped."

"How in the heck did you manage to get here looking the way you do?!" Hudayfah exclaimed, and Omar shook his head.

"It wasn't easy, but I finally convinced a cabbie to do it for triple his fair. I hope you don't mind, Rami is paying him now."

"No of course not." Hudayfah hurriedly said. "Omar where were you?!"

Omar groaned.

"Where do you think? Jamaal had his gang kidnap me the day after your wedding. They jumped me as I was unlocking my front door." He took another sip from his water. "He's pissed Hud. Pissed that you took Jenna." He shivered slightly. "And he took it out on me."

"He hurt you?" Hudayfah whispered, and Omar nodded.

"Yeah he banged me up pretty badly. He wanted information but I wouldn't give him anything."

"I would hug you if I didn't think it would hurt you."

Omar laughed, before wincing slightly.

"You know I'd do anything for you Hud."

Just then the front door banged open, and Rami appeared.

"I paid off that stupid cabbie. He wasn't satisfied until I gave him five hundred dollars."

"For a twenty minute drive!? Aw I'm sorry Hud." Omar said, and Hudayfah's eyes widened.

"Twenty minutes? Jamaal is twenty minutes away?"

Omar nodded.

"Yeah he is. And I should warn you, one of your men is a traitor.

Hudayfah sighed.

"Yeah we gathered as much."

Rami sat down on the couch, and folded his arms across his chest.

"Do you know who it is Omar?"

Omar shook his head.

"Nope. Understandably they didn't let the two of us be around one another."

"Then how did you know that there was a traitor?" Hudayfah asked.

"Because they rubbed it in my face." Omar said in disgust. "They had a code name for him. They called him 'the red snake' and bragged all the time about how he was betraying you Hud, and giving information back to Jamaal. I wish I knew who he was, I really do. But you have to be careful. I wouldn't let any of the men in the house anymore."

"Yeah but if he does that, then the traitor will know he is onto him." Rami pointed out, and Hudayfah ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Man this whole thing is just..." he trailed off, shaking his head.

"Okay wait a minute. How did you escape in the first place?" Rami asked holding up his hands. "Doesn't Jamaal have men like everywhere?!"

Omar nodded.