Chapter 30

As Jamaal descended the last few steps out of the building he felt his heart beating fast. He hadn't known Jenna had a sister. That looked exactly like her. He had almost lost his composure upon seeing the two of them next to each other. They were identical.

He knew it was dangerous for him to make the delivery himself, he could have been recognized. But the only ones who had met him in person were Hudayfah and Rami, and he had watched Hudayfah leave from where he had parked his car across the street. They had bribed the delivery man who was supposed to deliver the flowers by twelve, so he had watched their building carefully, mapping out which ways to get into the building.

He didn't know why he wanted to deliver them himself. Part of him wanted to see her again, and part of him wanted to see how easy it would be to take her. There had been no bodyguards present when she had opened the door. He was surprised she opened the door. He could have grabbed her in a heartbeat.

As he got into his car, he took off the stupid delivery hat, flattened his hair, put on his sunglasses, and pulled out his phone.

"Hello? Are you in the house? Okay well I was just there. Yes I was and no one recognized me. Hudayfah isn't even there. Anyways she was completely unprotected I could have grabbed her and run off. Why didn't you tell me she has a sister? Two sisters?! Does the other one look like her too? Okay why do I even have you are pretty much worthless!?"

He hung up the phone, threw it on the seat, and stared at the building thoughtfully. Hudayfah would protect Jenna with his life. That was fine, if he couldn't have Jenna.

Maybe he'd have someone who looked just like her.

***

Jenna set the vase down on the table, unable to keep the giant grin from her face.

"Look she's blushing!" Emma crowed, and as the other girls started to laugh, Jenna turned her face away with an eye roll, reaching for the card. As she opened it, her smile faded as she began to read,

Aw a month already?

How incredibly sweet!

I'm brimming over with sweetness!

But while you are celebrating, don't think I've forgotten about you.

Because I haven't.

I'm still coming.

"Jenna? Jenna what's wrong?" Rana asked in concern as Jenna was just standing paralyzed staring at the paper. Eventually she looked up, and it did not escape Rana the fear in her sister in law's eyes.

"Rana, where's Rami?" she asked hoarsely, and Rana's eyes flickered towards the card and up to Jenna's face before widening a fraction.

"He's doing laundry." She said with a subtle arch of her eyebrow, and Jenna nodded.

"Um, I'll be right back." She said clearing her throat, and dashing up the stairs carrying the large bouquet, which was no easy feat since there were so many. As she approached Omar's room, she kicked the door.

"Rami! Rami please come out!" she exclaimed, and when the door opened a fraction, Rami peeked outside, and after concluding she was alone he opened it all the way.

"Hey Jen!" he glanced at the flowers. "Aw you shouldn't have!" he joked, but she ignored him, shoving the card into his hand and placing the flowers down on the floor.

"Look at this."

"What is it?" he asked taking it from her.

"It was in the flowers Hud sent me for our anniversary." She motioned towards the bouquet, and Rami glanced down before pulling open the paper, scowling as he began to read, and within seconds he had his phone up to his ear, and moved to the laundry room, talking in a soft voice.