𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗢𝗨 𝗛𝗔𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗜

𝖲𝖨𝖫𝖤𝖭𝖳 𝖳𝖱𝖤𝖠𝖳𝖬𝖤𝖭𝖳

Nobody's pov

Y/n let out a heavy sigh as she let go herself on the hospital bed.

She looked with a tired expression at her husband who was holding their firstborn daughter.

« Look at her! She's so tiny» he told her enthusiastically.

He didn't think that someday he would be holding a baby in his arms that bore his last name.

Y/n smiled faintly and closed her eyes for a few moments, hoping to temporarily forget the pain she was feeling below.

Rindou glanced at her: to his eyes she looked like a half corpse who had finished fighting in a war.

« What an overreaction» he told her without a second thought.

« You're acting like I've done who knows what» he added nonchalantly. Y/n glared at him and, putting the hurt aside, sat down ready to take her daughter back.

« What do you mean? I kept her inside me for nine months, plus I know what pain I had to go through. Don't you ever dare Haitani to say something like that again» she told him angrily, leaving the man, who hadn't expected to be called by his last name, surprised.

And it wasn't long before he handed her the baby and walked out with an annoyed expression.

« Now you can't even joke» he mumbled as he headed toward the hospital parking lot.

<🦢>

« You shouldn't have. Right now, she needs you to be beside her» his older brother told him, scolding him for his childish behavior.

Rindou still held that angry expression of his. He was joking, he didn't expect to be verbally attacked by his woman.

Ran sighed and shook his head in disapproval.

« And what am I supposed to do?» asked the younger man holding his arms crossed. He didn't want to admit he was wrong but he couldn't go back to the hospital as if nothing had happened either.

« Try to help her» he advised him as he kept his eyes on the book he was reading.

« I don't think she'll be able to walk around, so try to help her even with the simplest things: for example, when she's thirsty, pour her some water. Trivial things, in short» he added, keeping the usual tired smile on his face.

Rindou nodded a little uncertainly, but he was ready to follow his elder brother's advice.

<🦢>

« Here» he told her as he handed her the glass of water.

Y/n didn't even give him a glance, too busy taking care of the sleeping infant.

Rindou put down the glass and sat down on the seat next to the bed and didn't take his eyes off his wife.

« I almost forgot» he said, hoping to catch her attention.

He took the bag he had brought with him and extracted a box of chocolates.

« They're your favorite. Here» he told her.

Ever since he had entered the room, he had been acting as if the conversion the day before had never happened.

« And I got these too» he continued, pulling out some clothes for his daughter.

He let out a heavy sigh when he realized that none of his methods were working.

« Look. I admit that I was wrong. I shouldn't have told you what I said and...» he continued to justify his misbehavior as she watched him silently and ate the chocolates he had brought.

« If you had said sorry, we would have finished sooner» she told him as she downed the last of the sweets and set the now empty box aside.

« So you're not mad?» he asked her in a low tone.

At his question, Y/n thought hard about how she could answer. And when she found the right words, she smiled.

« I think it's useless to stay angry with someone who is more stupid than me. So I forgive you» she told him calmly.

« But admit it. It's what made you fall in love with me» he told her, confident in his words.

« Of course. At least I know I'm the superior one» she contradicted in the same calm tone.

His expression changed once he realized he was being called inferior but he had to keep what he wanted to tell her to himself, since the little girl had woken up.

« But rest assured. I still love you for who you are»

« Me too» he said while keeping a pout.