season 3 chapter 5

(A/n:sorry for taking forever to update. Hope you enjoy this chapter)

Rhea's pov:

Me and Ruby were watching Penny and this new girl known as Ciel Soleil. They were fighting two members of team CRDL but I already forgot their names. During the fight Ciel pointed to her watch and Penny jumped a bit. Then she turned to the two members and used her swords and stabbed them into the rocks, then lifted them up and dropped them hard on team CRDL making them unconscious and getting Penny and Ciel to see another round.

I looked over to ruby to see that she was happy about Penny and her partners winning and she then got up from her seat and ran to Oum knows where. Then I got curious and got up from my seat and turned to weiss, yang and blake "I'll meet you two at the arena." I say before walking off to where ruby was and saw her getting tackled by Penny in a hug. I jogged over to ruby, and helped her up while Penny got up on her own and said"oh hi Rhea." I waved at Penny and then she said "Ruby, Rhea this is my teammate." Ciel bowed slightly and spoke "Ciel Soleil." Ruby waves "hi I'm ru-." Ciel cut her off "ruby rose, fifteen, hails from patch, leader of team rwby, status: questionable." I looked at Ruby and looked back at Ciel. "I'm gonna take a guess and say you already know who I am." Ciel nodded "Rhea Branwen, seventeen, extra member of team rwby, hails from unknown, status: cautious." Ruby squinted then she immediately turned to Penny and talked to her about the match but Ciel interrupted and said "Penny! I believe it is best we move on to our next location." Penny then asked Ciel if she could have a minute to talk to us, Ciel then took a big step back and nodded.

Penny looked at us and ruby asked "so is she your friend or..?" Penny answered "well in a way, she's like Blake but if Blake was ordered to talk to you." Ruby replied "oh so Weiss." I chuckled and Penny agreed. We continued to talk and Penny told us about her magnet incident and she also told us she wanted to come to beacon, I was curious on how she was going to come to our academy and she said she had a plan but before she could say anything about her plan, Ciel came in and interrupted saying "it has been precisely one minute." And then they both left. A few seconds later Port announced "ten minutes till the next fight." Ruby then looked at me "oh right, it's almost time for your fight!" I nodded "looks like it. I'll join Weiss and Yang, see you later, petal." Ruby waved as I jogged to join Weiss and Yang at the entrance and we walked into the center of the stadium and waited for our opponent's. Yang was stretching her arms while Weiss was standing on one side next to yang while I was on the other side with my hands on my hips

"Well, looks like it's our turn." Yang said and Weiss replied "just remember to keep proper form." Yang sighs while I just roll my eyes and ask "well you're from Atlas, what can we expect?"
Weiss replied "well, seeing as the Kingdom, academy, and armed forces are all merged as one. I think we can expect strict militant fighters with advanced technology and carefully rehearsed strategy." We then heard a zoom behind us that made the three of us tense and then we looked in front of us to see a guy with a jazz themed outfit with what I think is a cat faunus girl with skates and orange pink hair and tail. "Or whatever they are..." Weiss continued while yang looked shocked while I kept my stance

The jazz man called out "hey! You're Weiss Schnee right? The heiress." I knew he didn't mean it as a compliment but Weiss didn't seem to think so and they talked about dust and the jazz man mentioned his father and the dust shop that ran out of business due to Weiss's father. I looked at Weiss and saw she was upset a bit and apologized but the jazz man, or Flynt didn't accept and must've thought she didn't mean it. Yang was about to speak until the cat or neon mocked her and insulted her which made Yang angry. Then I heard Flynt say "hey! Three against two. Doesn't really seem fair." I raise an eyebrow "well that's what this fight is for right. I mean after all, a fight isn't fair until you make it fair." Flynt smirked and the themes were picked on each of our sides and the countdown began as we got into our fighting stances. When the countdown hit one, me, yang, and Weiss looked at each other in confusion until Flynt blew his horn, sending a big force at us.