season 3 chapter 3

(A/n: I give my thanks and shout out to otaku__sensei)

Rhea's pov:

I was speed walking behind Ruby and Weiss while they were running. I heard Ruby yelling for Weiss "Weiss, what is the big deal? Who is it? Who is she." Ruby and I then stopped in front of Weiss and Weiss answered "Winter!" I looked in front of me to see an airship land and saw soldiers with guns, robot soldiers, and a woman in Atlas military uniform. "Wait...your sister?" I looked at Ruby and back at the woman, known as winter and put my hands on my hips. Weiss yelled "winter!" Which made Ruby jump, then winter turned around and Weiss and Ruby started running again and I walked behind them and then they stopped in front of winter and Weiss spoke with pure excitement and joy "winter! I'm so happy to see you!" I looked at Weiss weirdly and she quickly went back to her proper and graceful facade and curtsied "oh, your presence honors us." I looked over at Ruby and saw she had a both shocked and awkward look on her face and I had to agree with her.

It's frightening to see Weiss like this. I looked in front of me, and saw winter walking up to us while looking around the campus. "Beacon, It's been a long time. The air feels...different." Ruby then said "I mean it is fall so it's probably colder..." Weiss punched Ruby in the shoulder and I turned to Weiss and gave her a glare that said "what did you do that for?" Weiss just ignored me and turned to her sister. "So, what are you doing here?" Weiss asked her sister and winter replied "classified." Weiss spoke "oh, right. Well how long are you staying?" Winter repeated her answer "classified." Weiss slightly bowed her head "of course." After that, there was a small awkward silence until Ruby decided to break it "well, this is nice...I think." I just rubbed the back of my head keeping a straight emotionless expression. Weiss spoke in excitement "you're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of beacon is different from Atlas!  Vale, too. The government and schools are completely separate! Can you believe it? I–" Winter interrupted Weiss's rambling and spoke "I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom it's bureaucracy. That is not why I came." Weiss was shocked for a split second then bowed her head again "right! I'm sorry."

Winter continued "nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears I have no choice in the matter." I was shocked by her words and Weiss spoke my thoughts "but we won." Winter spoke "only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed." I glared at winter very harshly but then again, I would probably get the same lecture if Raven was standing in front of me right now. But luckily she wasn't and I thought "wow, I guess everyone in the schnee family is a strict bitch." Winter commanded the robot guards to leave them and winter sighed and looked at her sister with a small smile on her face and asked "how have you been?" Weiss perked up and started bragging "oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in one of the top five rankings in our sparring class. The rest of my studies are going wonderfully too. I'm–" winter interrupted by smacking Weiss on her head, I had to admit. I kinda wanted to do that before she started bragging about herself. "Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about your ranking. I asked how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?" Weiss gestures to me and Ruby "well, there's Ruby and Rhea."

Ruby snorts "boob." And winter looks at both of us, and gives us a judgemental look "I see. So these are the teammates you wrote of. How appropriately... underwhelming." I rolled my eyes and Ruby said "uhh, thank you." Winter smiles slightly "Greetings Ruby and Rhea. I wish to thank both of you for taking an interest in my sister." Ruby spoke before I could say anything "oh, yes, of course! The honor is in my...court." Ruby curtsied and almost fell but I managed to catch her and straighten her up before she could fall. Winter turns to me and I rolled my eyes and spoken"your sister is...such a joy." Winter gave both me and Ruby a small smile and turns to weiss "I have business with the general and your headmaster. But seeing as I'm early, why don't you take me to your quarters?"  Weiss asked a bit scared and excited "really?" Winter nodded and both Weiss and Winter walked away from me and Ruby "yes, I wish to inspect them and make sure they're up to my personal standards." Weiss replied "of course. Just so you're aware, the bunk beds only look unstable." Winter turned to Weiss a bit concerned "bunk...beds?" After they left Ruby spoke "we'll catch up–wait, uh...I mean, we will... reconvene with you both at a later...juncture." Ruby grabbed my arm and started walking off "at a juncture, yeah." I shook my head and chuckled at ruby, then we started walking off somewhere.