season 2 chapter 8

Rhea's pov:

I was waiting with yang, Blake and Weiss in their dorm room for Ruby getting back from professor ozpin's office. I sat on Weiss's bed and looked at scroll. While looking at my scroll, I saw a text from Pyrrha saying:

Pyrrha: thank you again for a wonderful night at the dance. I don't know how I could ever repay you

I smiled at the text and replied:

Rhea: your welcome, and you don't have keep thanking. I also had a great time and I'm glad you and Jaune worked things out.

Pyrrha: thank you Rhea, I'm glad we worked things out as well. Have a great day Rhea.

I smiled and replied:

Rhea: you too Nikos

I put my scroll away and saw the door open, revealing Ruby and we all immediately went up to her and yang asked "what happened?!" Then Ruby answered with a stutter and rubbed the back of her head. Then after a while, Ruby explained what she said in the office to ozpin, Glynda and ironwood. Weiss spoke while crossing her arms "that was a risky move." Then Blake replied "no, I think you handled it well." Ruby said "I hope so." And I stood up from the bed and walked towards Ruby "I agree with Blake petal, you did good." Ruby smiled and chuckled slightly "thanks Rhea." I nod and yang speaks with a hand on Ruby's shoulder, trying to reassure her. "I'm sure everything will be alright Ruby." Yang then speaks enthusiastically taking her arm off Ruby's shoulder "oh! I know what will cheer you up." Yang walks to one side of the room and Ruby asks "what's that?"

Yang grabbed a circular container from a desk and said "I don't know yet. Dad sent it to us. I thought we could open it together." Yang turns to Ruby holding out the circular container. Ruby then released a high pitched squeal and said "ooh! Something from home!" Then Ruby whooshed over to yang trying to get the container but yang held it out of Ruby's reach and then the container opened and something fell on the floor. What happened next shook me a bit. After the thing fell from the container, it made a few noises and turned into a dog. Everyone looked at the dog, calm at first but then the dog barked and the next thing I knew everyone was screaming including me but it was joy because it was adorable. Then Ruby yelled the dog's name "zwei!"  Blake then exclaimed "he sent a dog?!" And Weiss finished for Blake "in the mail??" Ruby was giggling while holding zwei, and yang replied "oh, he does stuff like this all the time." Then Blake asked "your father or your dog?"  I stared at zwei and Ruby looking happy.

Weiss spoke in her usual sassy tone "are you telling me that this mangy, drooling, mutt, is going to wive with us forevah?" The last part shook me because I've never seen that side before. Then Weiss started talking weirdly like she was talking to a baby. Blake spoke in her usual calming tone "please keep it away from my belongings." Then the p.a spoke with Glynda's voice saying "all first year students have to go to the amphitheatre." Then the p.a was off and Weiss spoke "well we can't exactly leave him here while we're gone for a week." Then yang found a letter and read it to all of us. The letter said her dad was off the island for a few days so he send the dog zwei for his girls to take care of. The dog came to me and I bend down petting him, while he licked my cheek which made me giggle. Then he ran off and a bunch of dog food in a can was dropped on him and Weiss asked "what is he supposed to do with that?"

Yang says "well, that settles it. Come on girls, zwei will be here when we get back." Yang walked away and I followed her hearing the disturbing side of Weiss again behind me. When we all exited the room, we all headed to the amphitheatre and stood in front of team JNPR. Ozpin gave a speech about unity and he told us about our mission options, after that he ended the speech and I looked at team rwby and Ruby said "this is perfect. All we have to do is shadow a huntsman working in the southeast." Then yang spoke with a fist pump "yeah! We'll follow them around by day and give them the slip at night." Then Weiss made a suggestion "let's check 'search and destroy.'" then we all walked to the search and destroy missions. Ruby pointed a mission "here we go. Quadrant five needs Grimm cleared out." Blake agreed "well, it's in the Southeast." Yang also agreed "sounds perfect." I nodded in agreement and Ruby signed us up but it declined us and Weiss commented "wonderful." Blake then suggested with a shrig "any other ideas?" Ruby then had an idea and said "we mail ourselves there." I just shook my head and ozpin spoke and we turned to him "well that's one option. Unfortunately, we determined that the concentration of Grimm was too extreme for first year students. It seems that particular region is rather popular. In fact I have the sneaking suspicion that the five of you will make your way there no matter which job you choose."

Ruby just rubbed her head and tried to act innocent, key word tried. "Whatever makes you say that?" Ozpin spoke "I'm still curious as to how you all found yourselves at the docks last semester. I'm interested to know how you really learned about a 'hideout' in the southeast. And I certainly wonder why witnesses reported seeing robots and rose petals in a dance club some time ago." Ruby tried to defend herself but failed then ozpin spoke "I doubt I'll ever find the exact answers I'm looking for. So, how about this. Instead of waiting for you all to break the rules, why don't we just bend them?" Ozpin pressed a button on his tablet and we all looked at the screen and turned back to ozpin and Ruby spoke "we won't let you down. Thank you professor." Ozpin replied "do not thank me for this. Teamwork and persistence have carried you far, but you must understand, the things that await you beyond the protection of the kingdom will not care. Stay close to your huntsman at all times. And do exactly as he says. He will be leading you on this mission. and he can have you sent back to Beacon, if he finds your skills to be unsatisfactory." Ozpin left and we all look at each other and ozpin came back and said "good luck."

After that "great speech." We all went to the courtyard and yang took the words right out of my mouth "that wasn't exactly uplifting." I turned to yang "I know right." I then shook my head as we kept walking, then Blake spoke plainly "but it's the truth." Then Ruby spoke enthusiastically "it's gonna be tough but I know we can do it." While walking a student said that team CFVY'S back, we then looked and walked towards them. Blake went towards velvet and asked "Velvet? Are you ok?" Velvet replied "I'm fine, I had Yatsuhashi to look out for me." Weiss spoke "your mission was supposed to end a week ago. What happened?" Velvet looked down for a minute then looked back up "n-nothing happened. It was just, there was just so many. Oh but don't worry, you first years are just shadowing so you should be fine." Yang spoke "riiight." Then velvet backed away from us "I should go. Be safe ok?" Then she left to her team.

We all looked at each other and Ruby spoke breaking the silence "we can do this. We've never backed down before and we're not going to start now." Blake and I replied at the same time "right." And Ruby continued "besides it won't only be us out there. We'll be fighting alongside a genuine huntsman!"
Then yang replied enthusiastically "yeah!" Then we went to our huntsman and we all, including me was shocked at who we had.
Professor freaking oobleck. Who greeted us enthusiastically as he always does.