season 2 chapter 5

Rhea's pov:

I was in ms. Goodwitch's class with team rwby, JNPR, and many other students.
Today we were watching people spar with other teams. And right now we were watching Pyrrha fight team CRDL and I got to admit, she was good, but not good enough.
I observed very closely and saw how she did her posture, her fighting style, and when she used her semblance.

I had to admit she is a pretty good fighter but not good enough, she would need to defend her most vulnerable weak points on her body, her posture could use a bit of work, and she needs to not use her semblance a lot in battle.
The battle between Pyrrha and CRDL ended with Pyrrha being victorious "surprise, surprise" I thought as everyone including myself clapped for Pyrrha. "I swear, team CRDL is just too easy to defeat, they'll end up as Grimm food for sure." I thought as glynda congratulated and was looking for someone else to practice their skills.
Glynda at first picked Blake but a random guy raised his hand and said "I'll do it." Ms. Goodwitch fixed her glasses and said "Mercury is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent." Ms. Goodwitch went to her tablet looked for someone but Mercury spoke before glynda could find anyone "actually, I wanna fight...her." Mercury pointed at Pyrrha, which made Pyrrha surprised and shocked "me?!"

Nobody's pov:

Glynda spoke sternly at Mercury and said "I'm afraid miss Nikos has just finished a match, I'd recommend you choose another partner." Pyrrha then spoke quickly almost in a panic "no! It's fine. I'd be happy to oblige." Mercury stepped onto the platform and got into his fighting stance, and Pyrrha did the same. They both attacked each other and everyone was watching. As they were fighting, Rhea heard Ruby speaking to Emerald "hey, your friends pretty good." While emerald just scoffed, and Rhea went back to the fight. After a few hits it ended Mercury stood and said "I forfeit." Which made Pyrrha gasp and stop running. "You don't even want to try?" Pyrrha asked, turning to Mercury and he said "what's the point? Your a world renowned fighter, we're obviously leagues apart." Rhea was shocked that he would just give up, just like that and sighed. "In that case, Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match again. Does anyone else wish to challenge miss Nikos?" Glynda asked looking around, then a hand went up and a voice spoke "I will." Everyone turned to the voice, only to see Rhea raising her hand. Even team rwby was shocked including Pyrrha's team and Emerald and Mercury.

"Miss Branwen, are you sure?" Glynda asked and Rhea replied "I'm sure. Is that ok with you Pyrrha?" Pyrrha's frown turned into a smile as she nodded her head. "I'm perfectly fine with it." Rhea went down to the platform and both Rhea and Pyrrha got into their fighting stance.
Rhea initiates the fight by charging at Pyrrha and slashing at her in an x pattern, which Pyrrha blocks with her shield then kicks Rhea backwards into the air, but before Rhea hits the ground she spins mid air, turns her weapons into it's gun form and shoots a hail of bullets at Pyrrha before landing, only to see Pyrrha's spear coming from the dust caused by the bullets, but Rhea dodges it by side stepping, then Pyrrha comes and hits Rhea hard with her spear and retracts her spear and tries to strike Rhea, only for her to jump over Pyrrha and change her swords from their gun form, to their scythe form and drag Pyrrha down with her. Then she goes for a over head strike that Pyrrha rolls out of, then gets up and blocks Rhea's next strike with her shield, then Rhea switches both scythes back to gun mode, then she shoots at Pyrrha with so much force, she goes through a wall and into the courtyard but before she was hit, Pyrrha used her semblance to force Rhea come down with her. So they both ended sprawled out on the courtyard. When they both got up, they were ready to attack again but then Ms. Goodwitch came down and said "I think that's enough fighting for today. For the both of you, it's a tie."

Pyrrha smiled, put her weapons away and turned to Rhea "that was a wonderful match, do you mind teaching me some of your moves?" Rhea looked at Pyrrha and thought about her offer for a moment and had a small smile "sure, whatever." Pyrrha smiled widely while the other students were amazed at the fight that just happened and started crowding the two girls. While glynda was fixing the wall in her classroom and the courtyard.
"That's all for today, and remember the dance is this weekend, but you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not except any excuses." Then everyone left and started walking towards their classes. Pyrrha went with her team while Rhea was walking with team RWBY.

As they were walking, the four girls heard someone call out Blake's name, then they all turned around to see sun running towards Blake and stops "hey Blake! You uh, doing ok?" Sun asked Blake, which made her stop walking, and she puts her book down and turns to look at sun "I'm fine." Sun then clears his throat and says "so I hear there's this dance going on this weekend. Ah sounds pretty lame but, you and me I'm thinking not as lame huh?" Rhea crossed her arms and snickered a bit knowing, what sun was trying to ask but Blake didn't get the picture.  "What?" Blake asked then sun cleared the air for Blake "the dance, this weekend, you wanna go or what?" Then Blake replied "I don't have time for a stupid dance. I thought you of all people would get that." Blake then walked away leaving sun upset and stunned while the girls just walked Blake leave.

Rhea's pov:

After Blake's rejection towards sun, we all went to team rwby's dorm and talked with Blake. "You what?" Blake asked shocked and sitting next to yang while I was sitting on the wooden drawer. "We want you to go to the dance." Ruby said sitting on her bed with Weiss next to her. "That's ridiculous." Blake stated with her arms crossed near her chest and then yang spoke "Blake we're worried about you. This investigation is starting to mess with your head." Weiss spoke after yang "you can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering." Blake then spoke "you think I care about grades? People's lives are at stake." I shook my head and yang spoke again "we know and we're all trying to figure what torchwick is up to. " Ruby then spoke "thanks to you and sun, we know they're operating somewhere out of southeast vale." Then Weiss spoke "and the schnee company record singled out vale as the primary target for dust robberies over the last few months." I didn't say anything but listened to them, I couldn't tell Blake about the girl I met, she already has enough going on.

"Don't forget about their missing military tech too." Yang stated then Blake spoke with a worried tone "but there's still unanswered questions."  Ruby then said "Blake you won't be able find anything if you can't even keep your eyes open." Then yang spoke "all we're asking is that you take it easy for one day." Weiss spoke with a bit enthusiasm in her voice "it will be fun. Yang and I will make sure of it." Then yang got pumped up "yeah! We're planning the whole event." Blake questioned "excuse me?" Weiss answered "team CFVY's away mission lasted longer than expected." Yang continued "so Weiss and I were asked to pick up where they left off. And now we can make sure you have the perfect night." Weiss finished "and once it's all over we'll return to our search, rested and ready."  Ruby then asked "so what do you think?" Blake answered "I think this is a colossal waste of time." Blake then stood up from the bed and went to the door "I'll be in the library." Then she left the room making me look at down at my legs. Yang sighed "great." Weiss spoke "she can't keep going like this." I then looked up at the girls and said "I agree, we have to help her." The girls nodded and then a knock interrupted us. Weiss went to the door and opened it to see jaune with a guitar singing Weiss's name. Then she immediately shut the door.

Jaune then knocked multiple times and said "oh, come on. Open the door. I promise not to sing." Then Weiss rolled her eyes and opened the door only to see jaune lying about the singing part "I liiiiiiieeeed, Weiss schnee, will you accompany me, to the dance on... Sunday?" Jaune sang then Weiss asked "are you done?" Jaune answer "yes? " "No." Then Weiss shut the door in Jaune's face and face me, yang, and Ruby "what?" Weiss asked and yang said "and that's why they call you the ice queen." Weiss said "all my life boys have only cared about the perks of my last name. Besides, I already have a date in mind." Ruby then spoke with a bit of concern and sadness in her voice "date or no date, none of this will matter if we can't get Blake to go." 

I then sighed and got off the drawer and walked to the door "I'm gonna crash, see you guys tomorrow." They said their goodbyes to me and I walked out of the room and went to mine. As I closed my door, I put my stuff away and put my Mom's  picture on my desk. I then felt a presence behind me, a similar presence to the one at the docks. "You didn't tell her, did you?" I then turned around and saw the same girl from the docks, standing at my open window sill "no I didn't. I'm sorry to disappoint. How did you get here?" I asked and the girl answered "I had a friend help out with the security stuff, the rest was just child's play." I nodded and put my hands on my hips "I see." The girl then asked "when will you tell her?" I answered "when she gets her priorities straight." The girl nodded and said "well you better hurry. The war is almost upon us and time is running out." I sighed "I can see that." The girl then turned her back towards me and then I stopped her by saying "wait. Who are you?" The girl stopped and grabbed her weapon that was on her hips, and then turned her head to me slightly "a friend." Then she jumped out and I quickly went to my window, looked down and saw that she was gone. I then sighed and went to bed