season 2 chapter 10

Ozpin's pov:

I looked out of my office tower, onto my academy grounds. I sighed and looked beyond my academy and inhaled. I turned my back and went to my desk and sat in my chair and unlocked my holographic desk. When I did so, I went to my gallery and selected a picture. I touched the picture and a picture of a woman appeared.

(In this picture, she still has blue streaks in her hair and she has cross earrings)

It was Celia Sparrow. I exhaled the breath I was holding and started at the picture and thought "this is my fault."

Rhea's pov:

As I slept in my sleeping bag, I dreamt of my mom in the distance holding her hand out to me. I tried to run to her but I couldn't get closer to her. She was far away, no matter what I do, I couldn't get close to her. After that I woke up and sighed quietly.
I then heard yang talking to Blake, after that she asked if Weiss and I were awake. Weiss spoke with a snappy tone "of course I am. You two were talking." Yang turned to me "Rhea? You awake?" I sighed and said gently "yeah I'm awake. And it wasn't from you two." I turned to my side towards the fireplace and faced the girl's. Weiss spoke "and I think he...when I said I wanted to honor my family's name, I meant it. But it's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the schnee dust company. Since he took control, our business has operated in a...moral grey area." I rolled my eyes and spoke "that's putting it lightly."

Weiss sat up and looked at both me and Blake and said "which is why I feel the need to make things right! If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of our name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it." Weiss laid back down and Blake spoke "all my life, I fought for what I thought was right. I had a partner...named Adam. More of a mentor actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be...not perfect for everyone. I joined of the academy because I knew huntsman and huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good. But I never really thought past that. When I leave the academy...what will i–? How can I undo so many years of hate?" Yang replied "I'm sure you'll figure it out... You're not one to back down from a challenge, Blake." Blake exclaimed "but I am! I do it all the time! When you learned i was a Faunus, I didn't know what to do, so I ran. When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran! Even my...! Semblance. I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself. An empty copy that takes the hit while I run away."

I sighed sadly and yang spoke "at least you two have something that drives you. I've just kinda go with the flow, you know? And that's fine, I mean, that's who I am. But how long can I really do that for? I wanna be a huntress...not really because I wanna be a hero. But because I want the adventure. I want a life where I won't know what tomorrow will bring. And that'll be a good thing. Being a huntress just happens to line up with that." Yang looks at Ruby and gets on her side "I'm not like Ruby. She's always wanted to be huntress. It's like she said. Ever since she was a kid, she dreamt about being the heroes in the books. Helping people and saving the day and never asking for anything else in return. Even when she couldn't fight she knew even when she couldn't fight, she knew that's what she wanted to do. That's why she trained so hard to get where she is today." Weiss spoke spoke sitting up again "well, she's still just a kid." Blake sat up "she's only two years younger. We're all kids." I nod my head laying on my back "she's right Weiss, Ruby maybe a kid but she's a very good huntress in training. And some of us started out training younger than she did." Yang spoke "well...we're not kids anymore. I mean look where we are! In the middle of a war zone and armed to the teeth." Blake spoke "It's the life we chose." Weiss spoke "it's a job. We all have this romanticized vision of being a huntress in our heads. But, at the end of the day...it's a job to protect the people. And whatever we want will have to come second."

I sighed knowing Weiss was right then Blake looked at me still sitting up "what about you Rhea?" I inhaled knowing what she meant "The only reason I ever wanted to become a huntress was because of my mother and what she did for remnant. I always wanted to be like her, doing good for people, being kind to both human and faunus, and fighting off monsters. So in a way, It's kind of like Ruby situation. But in truth I was not raised in such a good environment. The people that raised me, started training me right after I learned how to walk and talk. They trained me harder than anyone else in my home. She always told me that she did it from my protection and my own good. So I didn't have a really good childhood, my mom died when I was a few months old and I never even knew my father. And I was training at a very young age. But my skills were used for bad purposes, some involving the schnee dust company. So I decided to come here, to the academy. I wanted to follow my mother's footsteps and use my skills for good instead of greed and everyone's own personal gain." I both inhale and exhale "and Blake shouldn't be ashamed of her semblance. Mine is something to be ashamed of, mine is misfortune. And it's like whatever I touch or get close to...breaks and shatters. Which is another reason why I came here, to control my misfortune and not bring harm to anyone."

The girls looked at each other and yang spoke "that's not true." I look at yang "hm?" Yang spoke "not everything you touch breaks, I mean you're close to us and pyrrha, and the rest of her team and you haven't done anything wrong yet." I chuckled "yet." Blake spoke "Yang's right. Misfortune or not you're still going to be our friend, and you've done so much for us and we've done so much for you." I smiled at them "thank you guys." They all nod at me and we go back to sleep. After what seemed like hours, I heard Ruby whisper to zwei and I heard her get up and run out quietly. I opened my eyes wide and looked around. I saw Ruby run out and I scoffed quietly and got up quietly and went to follow Ruby.
I turned into my bird form and flew close by Ruby.

I saw that she was looking for zwei and when she found him. He was doing business. I chuckled at ruby talking to zwei about doing his business anywhere since it is a wasteland. After zwei barked, two voices were heard and from where I was flying. I saw two of the white fang members talking and walking away, I also Ruby following them out of curiosity. I rolled my eyes and flown near Ruby to make sure she doesn't get into trouble. I saw Ruby trying to contact the others but that didn't go well, so she went back to get the others. While Ruby was walking back to the others with zwei. The ground beneath her began to crumble, when it did, Ruby almost fell through but luckily she grabbed a piece of the ground that didn't fall just yet, she was also holding zwei's collar with her other hand and managed to throw him up to safety but she fell into the hole and I flew in after her.
I flew down and saw Ruby on the roof of a building?! I flew down and landed on another building near Ruby and looked around.

When I did, I was shocked to see a bunch of other buildings underneath the surface. I thought "we were walking over a underground city. And we didn't even know it." I looked to Ruby and saw that she was being taken by white fang members, I flew after her but kept my distance so I wouldn't be suspicious. As I was flying, I saw a bunch of white fang members carrying explosives, and using the robot suits that me and team RWBY fought off. When I looked down and saw Ruby being dragged by two white fang members, I also saw Roman torchwick come out of a train cart and go towards Ruby. I flew closer making sure to stay hidden and watch from where I was.