season 2 chapter 9

Nobody's pov:

The five girls stood shocked at who their huntsman will be. Professor oobleck was their huntsman.

Weiss spoke breaking the silence "professor oobleck?" Professor oobleck spoke while walking back and forth "yes I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary girls. Seeing as you've opted to shadow a huntsman on what is now essentially a Renaissance mission. I can assure you we will not be establishing a single base of operations. Rather we will traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland, and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I've packed all our essentials myself provided the air of course and readied the airship. And! It's Dr. Oobleck. I didn't earn a PhD for fun thank you very much."

Weiss looked at Blake "uhh..." Oobleck spoke again "come now children, according to my schedule we are already 3 minutes behind, schedule." Then Dr. Oobleck qu ickly went to the airships and the girls looked at each other and Ruby spoke "well alright then looks like we're going to save the world with, Dr. Oobleck okay when you say it out loud it sounds worse." Rhea roles her eyes and replies "you think." The girls heard a familiar voice saying "Save the world??" The girls looked behind them and saw team JNPR "You're going on a world saving mission without us?" Nora continues "I'm hurt and sad! Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not my fault, though, Ren!" Nora turns to Ren and he looks away and crosses his arms. Jaune speaks "sounds exciting, where are ya going?" Ruby answers "oh just outside the kingdom."

Nora speaks "hey! So are we." Pyrrha finishes for Nora "Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village." Ren speaks "we set out tomorrow."then Neptune and sun joined in "then you can party with us tonight. We're shadowing a Crim specialist. All inner city detective stuff. We got Junior badges." Rhea roles her eyes and mumbles "cocky much?" While jaune fanboys and sun speaks "we normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk. So we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, y'know, normal." Ruby began "well-" Dr. Oobleck interrupted in the distance saying "four minutes ladies!" After that it was a minute of awkward silence and Ruby spoke breaking the silence "well, uh, wish us luck."

Rhea's pov:

Everyone began walking away until Pyrrha stopped me by putting her hand on my arm "hey Rhea." I turned to pyrrha "yeah Nikos?" Pyrrha smiles and takes her hand away from my shoulder and smiles at me "good luck on your mission." I nod and smile back "thanks, you too." We both turned away and joined our teams. When me and team RWBY went on the airship, the engine started. And we took off to our location. As we flew to our location I heard yang speak to Dr. Oobleck and say "I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter." Oobleck speaks pridefully "I admit I fancy myself more of an, intellectual but I can assure you, as a huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles." Ruby asks "like the mushrooms?" Blake corrects Ruby "those are truffles." I playfully role my eyes and chuckle as Ruby still didn't understand and I was standing next to Weiss. Oobleck spoke again "besides, given my expertise in the field of history, as well as my dabblings in the art of archaeological surveys, our dear headmaster so it fit to assign me to this particular, assignment." Weiss asked "what does history have to do with this?" Oobleck answered "my, what a preposterous question you silly girl! Why, history is the backbone of our very society. And the liver. And probably the kidneys if I were to wager."

Weiss was confused "and that means...?" Oobleck answered "the southeast quadrant outside of Vale is home to wild forests and deep caves. But, it's also the location to one of the kingdoms greatest failures." Ruby spoke "mountain Glenn." Yang spoke "that's right, it was an expansion of Vale. But in the end it was overrun by Grimm and fenced off from the rest of the city." Oobleck said "correct! And now it stands abandoned, as a dark reminder." Blake finishes "and a likely place for a hideout." Oobleck smiles "precisely." After that lesson, The airship began to fly down a bit and we all jumped out with our weapons in hand and got into fighting position while oobleck was sipping a drink from his canteen bottle. Oobleck spoke again breaking the silence and making us get out of position and turn to look at him. "Ladies, you still may be students, but as of this moment your first mission as a huntress has begun. From this point forward you need to do exactly as I say. Do you understand?" We all nod and oobleck spoke to Ruby "I thought I told you to leave all your bags back at school." We all turn our heads to look at Ruby and she speaks