chapter 4

Rhea's pov:

Our field trip with Ms. Goodwitch is almost here, and as the day gets closer, I've noticed that jaune and Pyrrha have been distant towards each other, I noticed in my time here at beacon that they were close but now they're not anymore. I sighed and kept an eye on team JNPR. After our classes, we all walked to our dorms and went to our rooms. I grabbed my homework and started on it. After I finished it, I heard a knock on my door, and went to open it only to see yang. I look around to see if anyone was with her, but no one was there, just yang.

Nobody's pov:

Rhea raised an eyebrow and asked "why are you here yang?" Yang was nervous but she masked it with a smile, but she didn't do so well, because Rhea knows when someone is faking a facial expression "can we talk?" Rhea sighed and nodded her head hesitantly, gesturing her to come in, Rhea walked in to her bed and sat on it and yang walked in, closed the door behind her and sat with Rhea. "So what do you want to talk about Xiao long?" Yang sighed and pulled out her scroll and showed Rhea a picture of Raven "do you know her?" Rhea was shocked for a moment but quickly had a straight face. Rhea sighed and nodded her head while yang was shocked and started asking her questions. "Where is she? How do you know her? Did she ever mention me? Does she know who I am?" Rhea stopped yang and told her to calm down and take one question at a time.
Rhea answered her questions and explained how she knew Raven. "Raven raised me ever since I was baby, she trained me and taught me about Grimm, how to fight, and how to survive." "But what about about me? Has she ever mentioned me?" Yang had a slightly upset expression on her face.

Rhea answered "yes. She has mentioned you and your sister Ruby. She also mentioned your dad, and her brother or your uncle Qrow." Yang slightly smiled but Rhea could see that she was still a bit upset "did she ever tell you why she left me and Dad?" Rhea looked away from yang all because she knew why Raven left, and looked back at yang "that's for her to tell you, but you should know that Raven has her... reasons, for doing what she did." Yang sighed and nodded "one last question?" Rhea nodded "what is she like?" Rhea thought for a minute and answered "well she's not as hyper as you, she's more strict, protective and very cautious about others. So in short, almost opposite of you." Yang smiled and Rhea hugged yang. The hugged surprised yang but she immediately hugged back. Then soon after yang went back to her dorm and Rhea looked out her window and saw a Raven outside flying.

A few days later, the students went on their field trip and started collecting syrup from the tree. Rhea got her jar and was heading towards the other students but noticed jaune wasn't around, Rhea looked around and put her jar down and walked around the forest, but when she couldn't see jaune around, she decided to transform into her bird form and flew in the air. Rhea looked around and saw jaune with Cardin getting beat up. Rhea flew down to a tree branch, and she turned into her human form, and the next thing she saw was an Ursa about to attack them. Rhea had a hand on her weapon and was about to attack but she saw jaune attacking the Ursa. Rhea turned her head and saw team rwby and jaune's team getting their weapons out and ready to help jaune but Pyrrha stopped them and used her semblance to help jaune. Jaune killed the Ursa and breathed heavily and helped Cardin up. Rhea was impressed and put her hands on her hips. Jaune looked up and saw Rhea.

"Thanks for the help." Jaune said sarcastically and Rhea only smirked and said "you had it under control and besides, something tells me you don't want to be the damsel in distress type of person while everyone else is fighting to be a hero." Rhea jumped down and jaune was shocked but it changed with a soft smile "yeah, I guess. Thanks." Rhea patted his shoulder and walked away "your welcome arc." Jaune went to his friends and they congratulated him on killing the Ursa but Glynda scolded jaune and Cardin for putting themselves at risk and let them go join their team.

Rhea's pov:

The rest of the field trip went well, and we even learned a few things about the Forest, then after some time we went back to our dorms and I saw that jaune was close with Pyrrha again. I knew what Pyrrha did for jaune, I saw her using her semblance but I wouldn't snitch on her, she actually did the guy a favor. I smiled slightly and changed into my pajamas. I went to my bed and covered myself up with my blanket, emptying my mind completely and letting sleep take over my mind.