twenty one

monday, 8:46 am - april 18th

lena evans

"yes, i'm almost ready alexis..no, i'm not still in the bed...i like my coffee sweet, i guess...okay, by-" she hangs up and i throw my phone on the bed, continuing to get dressed.

after slipping on my overall shorts over my yellow sweatshirt, i step into my white slip-ons before taking my hair out of a messy bun as i walk into my bathroom.

i detangle it with water and brush it into a sleek, curly ponytail, just as my phone rings again.

groaning loudly, i pick it up and decline it as i grab my purse on my way to the front door, locking it on my way out and running to the elevator.

"c'mon, hurrryyy." i whine, repeatedly jamming my finger on the button to make it come up faster.

giving up, i open the door that leads to the stairs, running down all 6 floors to the lobby.

i stop to catch my breath for a moment, noticing the white range rover parked in front of the entrance doors.

regaining my energy, i walk out of the building and get in the car, seeing alexis on her phone as the car drives off.

"cute outfit, doll. drink your coffee, we need you energized, we're shooting on the beach."

i scoff, "am i gonna have clothes this time?"

i scroll on my twitter, seeing a bunch of new followers as well as a flood of mentions, especially with an odd hashtag.

"#jalena?" i mumble, clicking on it.

did they spell jelena wrong?

and why is it trending worldwide?

so is #whoislenadating and #whataboutcam:

@jaaa.aacks: #jalena how is @jackgilinsky all of a sudden dating @lenabean like what?

@benalena: #jalena GIRL YOU NEED TO UPDATE US @LENABEAN @JACKGILINSKY

@camsterdam: #whataboutcam wasn't she dating cam the other day?

@jacklover: #whoislenadating i love how this girl shows up to l.a and immediately gets connected to literally everyone 🙄

bruh, what the hell is going on?

how would they think i'm dat-...ohhh, shit.

the pictures from the bar. and the jumbotron.

"doll, did you hear me?"

"sorry, no."

"i said you'll see all the outfits when we get there..by the way, what is this?" she shoves her phone in my face to show me an article with a picture of me and jack leaving the hookah bar last night.

well, that makes sense.

i actually look better than i expected, but the headline catches me off guard.

"jack gilinsky leaves hookah bar with new girlfriend lena evans?"

"and that isn't the only article. there's also the jumbotron articles."