thirty one

saturday, 9:03 am - april 23rd

lena evans

"so how did it go last night?" julia's inquiry makes me tense up as i sip on my iced coffee on our way home from an early workout at the gym.

"huh?" i pretend like i didn't hear her.

maybe she'll rephrase it so i won't have to give the wrong details.

god knows i'm my own worst enemy when it comes to oversharing.

"how was the party?" she lightly chuckles.

"oh. it was nice. i've never really been to one of those, so i'm glad to know i'll be enjoying more of them in the future. how was your night?"

"it was okay, i watched some movies with my roommate. not nearly as fun as partying with your roommate, though, right?"

"you're right, probably way more fun." she laughs, even though i'm being serious.

"ugh, i'm so excited for this shoot but i'm also so tired."

"trust me, with all the fun you'll have, you won't even be thinking about how tired you are. i mean, c'mon, galore magazine? of course it gets better than that, but even that is amazing." she gushes with a contagious smile.

"yeah, and then there's tonight's party, and tomorrow's award show. it's all moving faster than i expected."

"speaking of which, have you figured out the whole situation with cameron and going to chino? like have you told him?"

"damn it, no."

"well, when you do, do you think he's going to try to come with you or leave without you? only asking so alexis can know to notify whoever for styling and whatnot."

"i honestly have no clue what his plans are. hopefully alexis can ask him."

"okay, moving on to tomorrow, the show starts at 8 but we have to get you there before 7 for the red carpet and the seating and all that jazz, so fabio and cynthia should be at your place around 4. so don't make plans around that time."

"got it. if i don't have anything else to do, i might just workout and stay home on my one day off."

"ooh, must be nice since you're such a busy girl now." she jokes.

"you don't know the half of it. this month feels like it's never ending."

"7 more days." she sings, making me smile.

3:24 pm

"alright, we're done for the day, everyone! thank you for all your work!" the creative director announces before everyone erupts into a roaring applause.

with a smile, he gently hugs me, "thank you for your hard work, sweetheart." he says in my ear before letting go and walking away.

"lena!" julia motions me over while shouting, as everyone cleans up the set.

"i have to go pick up your outfit for tonight, it was sent by the creative director to the wrong agency address. is it okay for me to leave you here?"

i nod, "is the dress a surprise or something?"

"basically." she chuckles before leaving.

i walk to the dressing room, quickly changing out of everything and into a black t-shirt and striped pants.

i hang the other clothes on the rack before grabbing my phone and my bag on my way out of the room.

as i open my twitter notifications, i feel a hand gently grab my waist from beside me, practically pushing me into them.