twenty five

tuesday, 4:56 pm - april 19th

lena evans

"that's crazy, lena, i thought you knew! like i seriously would have told you if i knew that you didn't know, i feel really bad.." penny frowns in response to the whole fiasco that took place earlier.

after i had hired my new assistant - which took so long to do - i had met up with penny at mel's on sunset.

i figured i should eat, since my appetite was ruined.

"there's no need in feeling bad, penny, it's not your fault...i'm just really..." i search for a word to describe my mixed, wild emotions.

"..stunned. like this was so unexpected, especially after what i did last night."

"speaking of which, does this mean you like jack more or.."

"no..i don't know anymore." i pout, eating some fries.

"damn, this is tough."

"so, i should talk to him, right?"

"well, yeah, establish how he made you feel and why you feel that way..oh, and then tell him about last night."

"but what if i accidentally forgive him too quickly, and everything goes back to before?"

"you can forgive him, but set boundaries on your friendship, since he's back together with rachel."

"wait, what do you mean 'back together'?"

"they were supposed to be broken up, or 'on a break,' i suppose."

"everyone keeps saying that, are they together or not?"

"i know just as much as you do last i checked, they weren't. maybe the hookup didn't mean anything."

"god, the thought of him just fucking someone else really bothers me."

"um, i'm pretty sure he feels that way about you and jack, even if he doesn't know."

"thanks penny." i say with sarcasm, taking a bite out of my burger as she laughs a little.

"so, what are you gonna do?"

i sip my soda, "i guess i'll talk to him, but i'm really mad at him."

"look, let's go shopping to get your mind off of this, i can tell you're having mixed emotions and becoming overwhelmed."

"yeah, that sounds okay. thanks penny, you're the best." i smile, receiving a small smile from her.

after we finish our food, we go down to the mall, shopping for clothes and what not.

but as long as we've spent here, i can't seem to shake off my disappointment.

i really wouldn't have been this upset if he would have just told me sooner.

and if i didn't hear it from alexis.

and if he didn't feel like i didn't need to know.

suddenly, penny's gasp brings me back to the mall, and i twist my face in both confusion and concern as she stands with her jaw open, staring at something behind me.

"penny, what's wrong?"

she starts to point and freak out like a fangirl, giggling like a child, "look!"

rolling my eyes at the expectation of cute shoes or something, i turn around, gasping once my eyes land on the huge poster.

"oh shit..it's me." i utter, hearing penny's squeals from behind me.