two

monday, 5:29 pm - march 28th

lena evans

"are you all packed and ready to go?" kate asks, grabbing my suitcase as i grab my duffel bag and purse.

i nod, "i don't wanna leave. this is the nicest place i've owned."

"really? personally, i prefer the second place you had. it was simple and you didn't have so much shit everywhere." she chuckles.

"i didn't have alot of shit in general, i was working at pac sun at the time. aka i had a lower income."

"hopefully, your career will kick off when you move into a lavish condo with someone who could talk you up to modelling agencies." she smiles as she places my suitcase on the bellhop in the hallway.

i also place my duffel bag on the bellhop, "all i can do is hope." i shrug.

i lock the door behind me before following kate who pushes the bellhop to the lobby.

i give up my keys to the front desk, relinquishing my 3rd home, that would've been my last.

kate pushes the bellhop all the way to a big, black range rover, putting my bags in the trunk.

i get in the front seat, sighing as i check the time - 5:43. i lock my phone, bringing my head up and looking at the pink and purple sky.

the sunset is probably beautiful, as it always is, but i can't see with all these buildings everywhere.

"alright, so tell me, why don't you have a car yet? you have enough money for 3 apartments but.." she puts on her seat belt before driving off.

"the car i want isn't affordable for me. and i don't wanna start out small, like every one else. i did that once and boyfriend #2 crashed my fucking car." i pout.

"well, what car do you want, this one was about 84k."

"i want this car. plus, my parents said they'd buy me a car when i live at the same address for 5 months. they think they're funny." i deadpan, making kate laugh.

"my parents bought me my first car when i was going to college. it was a pastel yellow punch buggy and i hated it so much."

"at least you got to give free punches to whoever rode with you." i shrug.

"eh, i was often alone. i punched myself sometimes."

i laugh, making her laugh too. "hey, how far does this guy live?"

"gps says we have almost 2 hours left, so you might wanna take a nap or something." she suggests.

i take it in mind, putting in my ear buds and playing my music as i get comfortable and close my eyes.

7:56 pm

"lena, we're here." i hear kate say, making me groan as i stretch and open my eyes.

"what time is it?" i sigh as she gets out of the car.

"almost 8."

i notice that she parked outside of a tall, gray building. the outside looks so lavish, damn.

i get out of the car, following kate who pushes another bellhop, with my bags on it, into the lobby.

even the lobby is super nice. looks like the hilton hotel. and those places are nice as fuck.

"lena evans is supposed to get a key, she's moving in with cameron dallas." she speaks to the man behind the counter.

"yes, here's the key to room 623 on the 6th floor." he hands me the key before we enter the elevator.