twenty seven

wednesday, 5:49 pm - april 20th

cameron dallas

"cameron, come here!" i hear lena shout from the kitchen as i finish scrolling through some of the articles spreading rumors about me.

i slip my phone in my pocket before walking out of my room to the kitchen, where lena seems to be singing and dancing as she stirs a pot.

i grin at the sight of her hips circling and the sound of her great voice, singing the words to work by rihanna.

"how many more shots until your rollin'?"

i approach her from behind, placing my hands on her hips when she stops.

"damn, lena." i smile, speaking in her ear.

"why are you so quiet? you almost scared me." she turns down the heat of the stove as i stand next to her.

she picks up the wooden spoon covered in sauce, blowing on it as she hands it to me, "taste."

i grab some with my finger, placing it in my mouth and becoming hungrier at the great taste.

i remove my finger, "man, lena, that's great!" i grab more with my finger, ready to taste again when she sucks her teeth with attitude.

"don't be greedy, let me try." she sticks the spoon back in the pot before grabbing my hand, carelessly sucking on my finger.

my mouth parts at the sight of her plump, pink lips wrapped around the tip of my finger the same way they would if they were wrapped around the tip of my co-

"why are looking at me like that?" she takes my finger out of her mouth, smirking lightly.

"no reason, um..is dinner ready now?" i change the subject.

"uh, yeah, i'll fix your plate while you set up in the living room." she grabs two paper plates from the overhead cabinet, referring to the fort i told her i'd make.

i move the coffee table out of the way, which takes more work than expected.

i grab the extra pillows and blankets that we bought, along with the couch cushions, arranging everything into a 'fortress of solitude.'

i'm glad that i get to do this with someone other than myself, which is what i've done until lena moved in.

sitting in the fort after it's finished, i scroll through movies on netflix.

suddenly, lena appears, placing both plates and water bottles on the table before sitting down so she can hand one to me.

"oh, thanks." i say, immediately taking a bite.

"how is it?" she laughs at my eagerness, eating her food as well.

i swallow hard, "really good, where'd you learn to cook so well?"

"i dated a chef once.."

"seriously?" i furrow my brows in confusion.

she giggles adorably, "no, my mom taught me."

"how come you never talk about your family or past? i mean, i hardly know you."

she shrugs, "you never ask about my family. all there is to know is that my parents and my sister live in florida."

"okayy, how about what life was like before you moved in?"

her smile starts to fade and she looks down, playing with her food, "i don't like to dwell."

"do you ever reminisce?"

"hardly. it's not important, though." she brushes it off, continuing to eat.