*21*

*Olivia*

"So it's okay between you two?" Riley puts her books in her safe.

"Yes." I say.

"But you have yet to break up with Lucas?" she asks.

"Yes." I say. I just explained everything to her. She's happy for me.

"What are you waiting for!" She says.

"It's hard, Riley. And I have to tell him that I cheated on myself, I really got myself in trouble." I sigh.

"He doesn't do anything. I know Lucas. He does get hurt, but it's better if you tell him the truth today." Riley says sternly. I nod. I'm going to do it today. The bell rings through the school.

"Well I'll see you in the break." Says Riley. I say goodbye to her and walk to my room. I take a seat in the back. Madison also walks in and sits all the way across the room and doesn't even look at me. Better

"Hey." Says Mason. I smile at him and he sits down.

"I'm going to tell him today." I say. He nods.

"Then we can finally make it official again." He says. I smile and run a hand through his hair.

————

Nervously I sit on the bench at the park. I texted Lucas to come. I see him walking. I quickly fix my hair.

"Hey you wanted to talk to me?" He says and then sits down next to me. He wants to kiss me, but I stop him. surprised he goes back.

"Lucas I, I'm sorry." I say and look at him. He looks at me confused.

"Olivia what is it?" He asks.

"I cheated on you." I see the fear in his eyes. "Sorry Lucas." I say softly.

"Sorry? I don't fucking care about that! Who was it?" I'm a bit startled by his anger, but I get it I would react the same way.

"Mason." I say softly. His look softens.

"So you're not over him?" He asks. I shake my head. "I don't know what to say." He says and leans against the railing with his back. "I saw it Olivia, lately you didn't have time for me either." It's quiet for a while. Even I don't know what to say. "I'll give it to you." I look up to this sentence.

"What?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah what, should I be mad at you? I can't control you for who gets your feelings." he says and stands up.

"I'm really sorry Lucas, you will always be a good friend." I say and get up too.

I'm happy about that too. He says. For a moment I doubt whether I should give a hug. But he's already doing it. "I forgive you, but you have to invite me to your wedding." He says. I smile. He is also so positive. I know it's going to break inside, but don't show it. Of course I feel guilty.

"You get the card first." I say. He smiles and puts an arm around me. This is how we walk out of the park.

**

513 words

Don't forget to vote