002

261 Turner Lane

𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐢'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯☀︎

𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐢'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯☀︎

The day was over and Serena needed to tell them where the party was at. She didn't want to, neither of us did. We knew she was just going to make a foul of them as soon as they walked through the doors. But we had no choice she was watching both of us. While most people think I'm the "leader" of whatever, I'm not it's Jen. She says she's in charge because she's the oldest. Childish? I know right.

They're stood outside the school waiting for their ride I assume as we walk up to them. Ive only ever talked to Robin and when I did it was like a breath of fresh air. She didn't care about who I was or who my parents are. It was a normal conversation that I still think about.

"Hey," Serena said to them, more directed at Iris. "The party tonight Jens house is on Ruby Lane 9419," she tells them.

"I won't be able to make it, sorry," Robin speaks up before looking past me at the car rider line.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Don't have a ride," she says plainly.

"I'll pick you up! Give me your phone number," I offer with a smile on my face.

Why did I say that- I don't even know if I'll be able to go...

"You sure?" she asked.

"Yep!"

God, you idiot

"Here's my number," I got out a piece of paper writing it down. Why am I doing this? I kept asking myself over and over.

"Ok, um thanks. My rides here so I gotta go," Robin says before walking off. I watch her walk off and see her get into Steve Harringtons car? Interesting to say the least. Are they dating?

"Ok well I better get going see you both later!" I smile and wave before walking off and getting in my car. I'd be lying if I didn't think about following them just to see where they were going. Last year they never spoke a word towards each other and now he's picking her up from school? Definitely weird.

I stopped by a restaurant to pick dinner up before driving home. Once I arrived I walked inside sitting my keys down at the front door. "I'm home!" I yelled to the empty house. My parents are never home anymore and my sisters off at collage, but I still check with the slightest chance they are here. I walk into the large kitchen sitting down at the island starting to eat my food. I turn on the tv so I have something playing in the background.

Once I'm finished I go upstairs to my room turning on the radio to listen to music. After a couple minutes the phone starts ringing. I pick up the phone, "Dani Solace," I say into the phone.

"Well you're very formal," I hear a familiar voice say through the phone.

"Robin?" I ask making sure it's who I thought it was.

"In the flesh- Well not really because this is...never mind," she laughs at herself. A small smile forms on my lips. "So what kind of party is this? Because if it's formal you're gonna have to count me out."

"Ok, why don't I pick you up and you can come over and I'll help you get ready?" I asked her.

"Uh yeah sounds good I live on Sunflower Road 1374," she told me before we hung up.

After about 30 ish minutes we were both pulling into my drive way. I looked over at Robin as we parked in the garage.

"Holy shit," I could hear her whisper, "You're fucking loaded...wow," she laughed a little as she looked over at me. We both then headed inside and went up to my room.

"I think I could fit my whole living room in here," she said walking around my room. I never really brought anyone over, just Serena. "Can I sit on your bed?" she asked standing near it.

"Yeah of course?" I replied kinda confused. I guess no one's ever asked for my permission before sitting down on my bed. I walked into my closet picking out options that she could wear then set them down on the bed.

"I'm not wearing a dress," she laughed a little looking at the clothes in front of her.

"Oh come on it's a party! You've gotta at least try it on!" I exclaimed walking over to her.

"I'll just wear this?" Robin said looking down at her outfit. She had on the same outfit from earlier today. Now it's not a bad outfit but definitely not what should be worn to a party.

"Ok here where this shirt," I handed her a white tank top that was slightly cropped.

"I mean it's better than the others. Be right back," she told me before walking out. "Shit- sorry I forgot to ask where's your bathroom?"

"Oh it's down the hall to the left!"

"K thanks," she smiled before walking off again.

It's honestly nice to have her around. Not having to talk about boys or which dress will have them trying to get with you. I prefer it, I'm never really interested in those conversations anyways. I mean they're just repetitive? Like ok Sara we get it you wanna date Jake but you can't because of John. It just gets boring really fast. Plus I've never really had a crush on anyone so I just make a random person up so they'll move on. It's getting exhausting at this point.

While she was gone I decided to change into something. I picked out a light pink dress that was tight fitting and came to my mid-thigh. I left my hair the way it was before and walked over to my mirror when Robin came back.

When she entered I turned over to look at her. "You look amazing!" I said with a bright smile on my face as I got up and walked over to her grabbing both her hands. "You're gonna have all the guys looking at you," I said trying to hype her up with what people would usually say to me.

"Thanks," she said with a small laugh before sitting down on my bed. I wondered just a little if I had said the wrong thing. And maybe she felt the same way I did. Like how annoying it is when all anyone talks about is guys. Or maybe she was just like everyone else and didn't show it?

a/n:

me to dani this whole chapter

references: fear street and stu's address from scream !

(word count: 1113)