019

Daylight

Robin's Pov ☾

Robin's Pov

"Robin, finally," I heard Steve's voice as I walked into Dani's house. I just made a confused face to him as he tried pushing me out the door before I turned around stopping him.

"What's going on, dingus?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Nothing, we just need to go," he says trying to push me out again.

"But I was supposed to stay over with Dani."

"You can make out with your girlfriend some other time, but we need to leave right now." My cheeks turn a shade of light pink as he makes that comment about her.

"Fine Harrington," I tell him before giving Dani a kiss goodbye. When then make it to Steve's car and I sit in the passengers seat. "Why'd we have to leave? Hook up with her sister or something," I say making a joke at how awkward he was in there. But he didn't say anything, he just stayed quiet. "Steve?"

"What?" he asked looking over at me before pulling out of their driveway. After a few moments of silence he finally broke, "she suggested it ok! And who am I to turn her down! I had crush on her in high school so you know," he tried explaining as I just nodded my head trying not to laugh.

"I wouldn't really think she's your type."

"Really? I mean she's beautiful and smart," he says as we pull into the Wheelers neighborhood.

"Steve, what's going on?" I ask him looking over.

"I don't know, but Iris called everyone to meet. She didn't say why, just that's it's urgent," Steve told me as we pulled onto their driveway seeing the scattered bikes across the grass. We both got out heading inside seeing Mrs. Wheeler in the kitchen making something.

"Guess we've got a full house today," she said seeing the both of us walk down to the basement waving hello as we went down. Mrs. Wheeler followed us holding things of chips and other snacks. "If you guys mess stuff up down here, please clean up once you're done!" Mrs. Wheeler told us setting down the snacks before heading back upstairs. We all waited until we heard the door shut to start talking.

"Brenners back," Iris told everyone looking at us.

"How's that even possible? El killed him," Mike says confused remembering the past events.

"Ok well maybe it's not him, but it someone that worked at the lab. Because this guy named Matt Lerlice came after Serena because of me. So it has to do something with them," Iris tells all of us trying to explain the events that had happened in the past few weeks.

"We don't know that it's the lab," Willow says trying to comfort Iris, and not bring up any problems for trying to get Eleven home.

"Who else knows about me?" Iris asks looking around at all of us. "Exactly. Who else could it even be?" she asks leaning back on the couch she's sitting on. We all just kinda sat in silence trying to think. "I mean people still work there. So who's to say that people who worked with Brenner aren't trying to find all the other kids that went missing?"

"It might not be him. It could be just people who had worked for him?" Lucas suggested.

"I mean yeah I guess," Iris said shrugging her shoulders.

"We should keep an eye on it and see if any weird shit happens. I mean we don't even know if they're working in the same place still," Mike says to us all.

For the first time Max was very quiet in one of these meeting things. She just looked like she had zoned out the whole time. I mean I guess I had noticed she started becoming more distant with everyone, even Lucas. I think they broke up because they're sitting away from each other and he keeps stealing glances at her.

"I mean yeah. We don't really have any plans on how we could do anything about that. We should keep an eye on it and see if anything else starts happening?" Steve says agreeing with Mike as everyone nods their heads. "If anything else comes up call me, ok?" Steve says standing up with everyone else as we're about to leave. "Ok, well see you guys later!" he says making his way to the door. "Robin you comin'?" he asks me.

"Yeah, yeah, one second," I tell him before making my way over to Max. "Hey, is everything ok?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You just seemed a little out of it," I said as she crossed her arms.

"Oh um yeah, sorry, I just didn't sleep much last night."

"You sure that's the only thing?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, thanks though Robin," Max tells me giving me a half smile as she walked past me up the stairs. I then walked up the stairs and then out of the house until I made it into Steve's car.

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah I was just checking in on Max," I tell him before he turns the radio on starting to drive to my house.

After not a long time we arrive and I get out of the car. Once I'm inside I decided to make some food, since it's kinda late. Like around 8:30pm. Like yeah that's not late, but for dinner it kinda is.

I pop some microwaveable thing in the microwave waiting for it to finish. After like three-ish minutes it finishes and I take it into the living room to eat while turning on a tv show.

a/n:
hii i hope you liked this chapter! it was kind of a filler one in a way for what's to come!

ALSO STRANGER THINGS 4 JUST CAME OUT???? I HAVE TWO EPISODES LEFT AND LET ME JUST SAY

MAX AND ROBIN <3333 MY LOVES!!!

anyways have a good day/afternoon/night !!

- a

(word count: 988)