024

Sweet

- Omniscient pov -

- Omniscient pov -

      "CHRISSY can you move that up to the left just a little bit?" Dani asked the blonde girl who was at the top of the later holding a large sign saying 'Homecoming 85' on it.

"Like this?" the girl questioned and Dani gave her a thumbs up before moving on to the next part of the gym. She had on a pair of loose jeans with a pink turtle neck sweater and her hair down. She decided it would be the most practical thing to wear for the day as she would be moving a lot.

Dani slid the number two pencil that she had from behind her ear as she checked off the box for the banner. "Has anyone seen Fred and Nancy?" she asked turning around looking at a group of people setting up tables.

"Have you checked the newspaper room?" one of them asked. Dani hadn't really thought of that so she thanked the kid and went on her way to the room. She knocked on the door before walking in and seeing Nancy and Fred there with a few others.

"Hey just checking in if you guys are still willing to take photos at homecoming?" she asked holding the clipboard up to her chest with a small smile across her lips.

"Yeah we will!" Nancy smiled at Dani as she turned around with her hair moving along with her.

"Ok great! Thank you again!" Dani smiled before leaving the two to go back to the gym. But as she was making her way back she accidentally ran into Serena as she was coming out of the counselors office. She had noticed how the girls hair looked untamed, almost as if she hadn't been taking care of herself. "Hey, is everything ok?" Dani asked looking at her friend with concern.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine," Serena lied moving one of her hands to her forehead as her head is killing her.

"Are you sure? I can let someone else take care of everything and go home with you if you're feeling bad," Dani tried telling her but Serena just waved one of her hands to show she didn't want her to come with.

"Dani don't worry I'm fine," Serena told her forcing a tight lipped smile on her lips.

"Don't lie to me," Dani replied loosing the grip on the clip board. "You know you can talk to me right?" Dani asked wanting to make sure the blonde haired girl knew she'd always be there for her.

"Yeah I know," Serena said nodding her head. "Well I've gotta go," she told the other girl before pushing past and walking out the doors.

For the rest of the time Dani couldn't stop thinking about it. She knew something was up, but also that it takes a lot for Serena to open up. She kept trying to push those thoughts away and just believe Serena's ok, but she knew she wasn't.