013

Call me back

𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯 ☾

𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯 ☾

"No, no, Iris. She said that word for word," I say pacing around my room while Iris sits on my bed.

"So you're telling me she said and you quote 'I like you and not just in a friend way'?" She asked leaning back on her hands.

"Yep," I said stopping in front of her and nodding.

"Well what'd you say back?" she asked me excitedly.

"Yeah so about that...I pretended I was asleep," I say messing with the rings on my hands.

"Robin why the fuck would you do that?" she asked me in disbelief.

"I don't know! I was scared I guess? Like what was I supposed to say back, huh? Like oh yeah me too but like I have since freshman year?!" I asked in a panicky voice.

"Relax dude," she walked over to me resting her hands on the sides of my arms. "If she brings it up again since she thinks you were asleep just say like 'I like you too' or something like that," Iris said calming me down with a small laugh, "And don't go into the details of how long because that might be a bit weird."

"Ok yeah. Everything's gonna be fine. I'm sure she won't bring it up," I say crossing my arms across my chest.

"Ok, now you ready to go to school?" she asked picking up her bag.

"But like what happens if I run into her?" I asked as we walked out of my room.

"You act like normal because she thinks you didn't hear her so therefore you should act normal," is the last thing she tells me before my mom yells that we need to hurry up and get into the car.

-

The day was going by pretty normal until before lunch I opened my locker to put my bag up and saw a piece of paper fly out. I picked it up and opened it.

Dear Robin,
I need to talk to you today.
If you could meet me behind
the football stands that'd be great !
- Dani

I took in a deep breath before shoving the paper in my back pocket and heading out of the school. Luckily I was wearing a sweater today since it's chilly. I walked to the stands seeing Dani was already there with her back up against the pole. "Hey," I said getting her attention as she turned to look at me.

A small smile appeared on her face, "Hey, sorry I didn't know it'd be this cold," she said with a small laugh walking closer to me. "I just wanted to you know talk to you about something..." she told me messing with the jewelry on her hands avoiding eye contact.

"Ok," I replied waiting for her to tell to me what it's about, even though I already have an idea. On the outside I'm trying to act calm but on the inside my heart is beating like 500 beats per minute.

"So I tried telling you this before but you fell asleep," she awkwardly laughed which I did as well. "I like you and not just in like a friend way. Um I'm really sorry if this weird or it makes you feel...uncomfortable. And I know you probably don't feel the same-," she started rambling and I don't know what came over my body but I just cupped her cheeks placing my lips upon hers.

Her soft lips turned into a smile as she kissed me back. My cheeks started having a warm sensation as she placed her hands on the lower part of my back. We pulled back letting out foreheads rest upon each other for a moment before looking up at each other. I could tell that my cheeks had a faint red colour pasted across them so I brought my hands to cover my face.

She took her hands removing mine from my face as I shyly looked up at her. "So you wanna go on a date sometime this week?" she asked me with a small plastered on her face.

"Yes," I replied with a small nod and smile. "You have no idea how long I've waited for this," I revealed with a small laugh as we stepped back to where we could fully see each other.

"Me too," she said as we walked back towards the school as I shot her a confused look. "Yeah I've liked you for a while," she said with a small laugh opening the door as we both entered and went to the cafeteria.

We both acted as if nothing happened when we sat down with our friends starting to eat lunch. Dani sat with her friends and I sat with Iris. I would look at her every once in a while and I would catch her looking at me too.

a/n:
heyyy

i suck at writing kissing scenes so i tried 🤘but yeahhhh

i hope you enjoyed this chapter!

tell me your thoughts, theories, or anything !!

love u all have a good day!! and thank u sm for four THOUSAND reads!?!

(word count: 856)