016

Meet Me in the Hallway

♫ - Until I Found You by Stephen Sanchez

Dani's pov ☀︎

"Sorry for having to push our date back," I said into the phone twisting the cord around my finger. "It's just Serena needed me to be with her last night."

"It's ok. We can just do something tonight? Only if you want to though."

"Yeah! Your house or mine?" I asked her excitedly with butterfly's in my stomach.

"Hmmm, mine?" she suggests and I nod my head though she can't see it.

"Mhm yeah sounds great!" I tell her with a wide smile coming on to my lips.

"Well I'll see you later! Bye," she said dragging out the 'e'.

"Bye bye," I replied before getting off the phone and setting down. I practically jumped up and down in excitement, I just can't contain it.

I mean I've gone out on dates before but I never actually liked the person. Well maybe in a friend way but not in a romantic way. So this time it's just different. I want it to be perfect but I don't want to over think it and when I get there I'll be awkward.

I need to stop thinking about this or I'm just gonna freak myself out.

————

I stepped over to my closet looking through the clothes. None of them seemed good enough for this night. I want to be comfortable but also look cute. I took out a red sweater and a white slightly turtle neck sweater out as well. I then found some jeans that would look good with it. Though it's casual it's very comfortable and cute, so it checks off both the marks.

I hope she likes it.

I then walked over to my vanity touching up my makeup and putting my hair into a half up half down style. I smiled at myself in the mirror before walking down the stairs.

"Dani? Where are you going?" My dad asked pulling down his reading glasses looking at me.

"I'm going to hang out with my friend Robin," I tell him and he just nods his head going back to his newspaper. I put my shoe on before leaving the house getting into my car. I put music on as I drove to her house. My heart kept beating faster and faster as I approached her street.

Once I reached her driveway I took a deep breath before getting out and knocking on her door. It didn't take long for her to answer it. "Hey," she said with a bright smile on her face as she welcomed me inside taking my hand bringing me to her kitchen.