007

Dear Dumb Diary

Dani's pov ☀︎

Dear Diary,
Todays September 5th! My parents finally got home last night so we could all celebrate the holiday together. They had left the morning prior for some convention? I don't know really what it was though. They definitely did tell me and I have forgotten it but whatever. My sister, Marie, is coming home from college today. I wanna like you know like surprise attack hug her...but my parents wanna be the first to see her. Still I will try and be the first one to see her! That's a goal for today.

On a fun note me and Robin have been talking a lot. Sometimes we stay up talking. Like a few minutes ago we were talking but I just got off the phone since it's like 12am right now. But I have been not getting great sleep because of it but I don't really care that much. It's fun talking to her. Like I really can't describe how she makes me feel? I don't know, is that a weird thing to say? Maybe but then again I don't care that much. I would usually care a lot about others opinions but right now I only care about Robins. And Serena's too but we usually agree on stuff.

Back to what I was talking about before! My Bubbe and Zayde are visiting! Which I'm very excited about. So my whole family going to be here. Serena will also probably come over and we'll have a lot of fun. Luckily it's a Friday so I won't have school. I am going to miss Robin over weekend though. And I know I could see her but she has work all weekend. Then again I could go see a movie or something and hopefully it would be the shift she working...Ok I need to stop getting sidetracked. I came here to talk about my family getting back together but I can't stop writing about her? Very odd I know. Maybe it's because she's a new friend? But then again I wasn't like this when Serena and I became friends.

Since I can't do work today I also won't be seeing Robin. But hey my sisters going to be here! We haven't talked in a few months so we'll have a lot of catching up to do! It's honestly a good thing her college isn't super super far away. It's only an 8 hour drive so it's like a couple hour plane ride. Diary I feel like I should name you. I don't know I feel like it'll make me telling you everything less weird.

Anna? No...Jamie? Jenny? No no. Uh Lacy? Yeah thats good because you have lace across your cover so I feel like it fits. And that word remind me of a teddy bear so you're something that I can tell all my secrets to. I know I've had you for a long time and this is my first time talking to you...so I'm sorry about that. But hey I'm here now. I just finally have some things I need to say but don't know if I can tell anyone. Anyways I should probably go to sleep now. It is 12:30...now so I should've been asleep awhile ago. Goodnight! Shana Tovah !
Dani <3

——

I woke up this morning at around 11am, which is oddly late for me. I got out of my bed and walked downstairs seeing that my grandparents had already arrived. "Zadye! Bubbe!" I said excited as I walked over to them embracing them in a tight hug. We all sat down on the couch as my parents were making breakfast.

"So how's school been? Have a boyfriend yet? How about that Harrington kid, hm? I've heard he's a real catch," Bubbe teased me with a small smile.

"Schools good and no I don't have a boyfriend yet," I say with an awkward laugh.

"Don't worry baby, the guys are always too scared to ask out the pretty girls," she tells me patting my knee. The thing she doesn't know is that I've been asked out plenty of times I just always reject them. I'm not sure why. I just feel like if Im going to say yes to someone I wanna actually have feelings for them? And I know if I tell her that she'll bring up how they met. He asked her out and she said yes, even though she had no feelings for him, and later on she ended up really falling in love. And yes I'm sure that could happen, I just don't wanna be stuck in a relationship with someone I feel nothing for.

"So Danielle are you excited to see your sister?" my zayde said to me so I turned my attention to him.

"So excited!" I tell with a smile on my face and just like that I hear the front door open. The smile on my face grows wider as I practically run to the door ambushing her with a hug.

"I see someone missed me," she says laying her head onto mine.

"Oh shut up you know you missed me too," I say laughing as she hugs me back tighter.

"Maybe I did."

a/n:

how do we feel about the little diary part? i think i might do more so it kinda gets dani's thoughts on everything.

alsoo i'm very exited to introduce her sister marie! she's played by zendaya (mostly how she looks in nwh and season 1 of euphoria!)

have a good day/night/afternoon !!!

also i'm prob gonna be writing a lot bc i'm on spring break !

(word count: 947)