017

Illicit affairs

Willow's Pov

"Why are you still with her?" I asked looking at Iris plopping down on her bed bed.

"I'm not? We haven't been "together" since September," she defend herself looking up at her ceiling.

"You picked her up like two weeks ago," I point out giving her a look.

"Well yeah? She needed me and thank god I showed up. Just because we aren't together together still doesn't mean we can't be friends," She says gesturing her hands around.

"I get that, I do. I just think you need to distance yourself. If you keep hanging out you'll never move away from the "couple" stage. You need to separate then revaluate and see, and if you're in the right state of mind for you the both of you to be friends," I tell her truthfully. I truly just want what's best for her. I keep seeing Serena hurt her heart over and over again. I just don't want to see it happen again because it hurts me.

"How would you know? You've never been in a relationship," she says before sitting straight up at me after realizing what she had said. Before we can even keep talking about the topic we burst out into laughter with Iris slapping her hand across her face. "Sorry," she lets out in between laughs.

She's not wrong though. I guess I've just never really been interested in anyone. Like you know how people will like meet someone for the first time and have a crush on them? That's just never happened to me. I mean yeah I guess every now and then I imagine myself being with Iris, but that's just because we're best friends.

"Oh my god you have this record?" I exclaimed getting off her bed walking over to the record playing turning the volume up. I hadn't realized until now that she was playing the Footloose soundtrack. The movie came out two years and I've loved it ever since. I don't know there's just something about that movie that I just love.

I pulled Iris off her bed making her do the dance with me. Once the song ended I dipped Iris dramatically before laying a kiss on her forehead. When I lifted her back up and spun her around I saw a blonde haired girl standing at her door.

"Is this a bad time?" she questioned standing there awkwardly.

"Um no?" Iris said looking back at me then to her. "What's up?" she asked as I turned down the music so it wasn't too loud.

"Can I talk to you in the hallway?" she asked Iris giving me a slight glance. Iris just nodded her head while following her out into the hallway and closing the door behind them.

I sat back down Iris' bed picking up a random book that she had on her bed. The front cover said Little Women. I started reading it just to pass the time, but turns out it's very entertaining. I read about 72 pages before I saw Iris walk back in the room and heard her mom say, "Serena, you aren't going to be staying for dinner?" as I watched the girl walk out from the hallway into the living room.

"No, I've gotta get home! My brother and his wife are back in town. Thank you though! Bye Mrs. Tober," I heard her say before the front door closed.

"What'd she wanna talk about?" I asked her as she sat down beside me resting her head on my shoulder.

"I honestly don't even know. I guess seeing you kinda made her lose her train of thought because she asked several questions about who you were," she said messing the the beaten up book cover. "Must've made her jealous or something," she said with a small laugh looking up at me.

"Maybe," I shrugged my shoulders with a silly smile on my face.

"But then she just kept asking if I had told her the whole truth. You know about everything because this guy like started dating her to get close to me? I don't it's a really fucked up situation," she says shaking her head looking down at her hands.

"You do know it's not your fault, right?" I asked her. I know Iris, and I know she feels this is her fault. But there's nothing she could've done to know that this would happen.

"Isn't it though? I put her in danger by not telling her in the first place."

"You couldn't have known this was gonna happen. I mean nothing like this has happened since we left," I took her hand in mine. "There's nothing you could've done to prevent that from happening."

"I know you're right, I just can't let myself accept that," she tells me moving her head to look up at me. I look down at her and for the first time, I want to kiss someone.

"Girls! Dinners ready!" Iris' mom calls from the kitchen and we quickly move are heads getting out of the bed walking out of the room into the kitchen.

"Smells great Mrs. Tober," I said before sitting down at the table as she brought the food over.

a/n:

TEN THOUSAND READS??? WHAT THE FUCK. THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL <33333

also do we like the new intro or the old one better ?

(word count: 902)