31

Our caves collapsing

Dani's Pov ☀︎

I don't think I ever really went to sleep last night. I stayed away staring at the walls in front of me as I held on to the teddy bear Serena had one at the 4th of July fair last summer. Robin had slept peacefully beside me the whole night, waking up every now and then to check on me. Which I told her not to worry and go back to sleep, though there was lots of persistence for her to back to sleep it ended up happening anyway.

But I was taken away from my thoughts of last night as Robins scruffy voice made an appearance in the silent room, "Good morning," she practically whispered looking up at me. "Dani did you go to sleep last night?" she asked me sitting up in my bed.

"Yeah for a little, then woke up early," I lied nodding my head.

She held my hand looking up at me, "don't lie," she replied looking at me. "When was the last time you actually slept?" she questioned.

"Um," I let out trying to remember, "maybe the night after the last basketball game," I replied.

"Maybe you need to sleep somewhere else? Somewhere that you aren't being constantly reminded, and just tell me if I'm over stepping," Robin suggested holding both of my hands rubbing hers against mine.

"Yeah that might be nice," I replied with a small smile, the first real one in a while.  "I'm gonna be right back. Just gonna go get ready for the day," I told her before hopping out of bed and walking into the hallway shutting the door behind me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in as I made my way to the bathroom.

As I entered the room the cold tiles hit my feet sending a cold feeling through my body. I examined my face almost looking at every detail. The coloring underneath my eyes were now a dark brown with slight discoloration of purple. So I pulled out some concealer that I had left in there and placed it under my eyes before blending it in with my fingers. I then applied some mascara and lip gloss before doing my hair. I pulled the crown of hair up doing a half up half down look. Once I was happy with how it looked I brushed my teeth, reapplying my lipgloss after, then headed out of the bathroom back to my room.

Robin was already dressed and she was applying mascara in my vanity mirror. As she screwed the top back onto the mascara bottle I walked up behind her rapping my arms around her stomach. "While we're at Family Video can I pick out a movie for us to watch tonight?" I asked with my head rested on her back.

"Mhm," she smiled and I could see that through the mirror. "You do kinda have to get dressed though," she laughed turning around in my arms.

"What? My pjs aren't outside appropriate?" I asked looking up at her.

"Sadly, no," she made a fake frown appear on her face before placing a quick kiss on my lips.

"Dammit," I laughed before letting go of her and walking over to my closet getting out a pair of jeans and a sweater. "Turn around," I told Robin as I had my hand placed at the hem of my shirt.

"Dani...I've seen you naked," she laughed but turned around as told.

"I know! But I've never changed in front of anyone," I laughed as I slide my shirt off putting a bra on then my sweater. Then I put my jeans on as well as my socks before Robin turned around.

"How is it that you always look so," Robin told me looking at me as if she was examining me, but it was different from how I looked at myself. Her eyes held a sense of love for everything about me, and I just don't get that.

"Rough?" I ended her sentence with a small laugh as I said it. Robin didn't say anything just rolling her eyes before walking over to me.

"Never that. You could put a trash bag on and win Miss America I'm sure of it," she told me with a smile across her face.

"The Robin Buckley knows what Miss America is?! This will be shocking news to our school!" I exclaimed and she just nudged me jokingly as we both walked out my door to downstairs. I grabbed a granola bar for each of us before we left and got into my car.

"You should let me drive someday," she told me as she buckled up in the passenger seat and there was nothing holding back my atrocious laugh that exited my mouth, which was shortly stopped by my hand coming up to my mouth.

"You're funny Buckley," I told her shaking my head as I backed out of the driveway.

"I'm serious! Just you know, teach me the ways of the road and I would drive beautifully!" she tried explaining to me.

"Sure you would..." I replied nodding my head as I drove to the video store. "I've experienced your driving first hand..it's not pretty," I told her thinking back to that night she took me home.

"We got home alive!" Robin defended herself.

"Barley," I replied as we pulled into the shops parking lot. Both of us unbuckled and headed inside as Steve was already standing at the front desk. Robin walked behind the counter as I stood at the front.

Sadly for Steve, Marie had broken off whatever they had going on after winter break because she was going back to school. "I know Marie said she broke up with me because she's going back to school, but is that the actual reason?" Steve asked me as I stood in front of me.

"Yes. It's the only reason we've been over this," I told him resting my hands on the counter, "now if you excuse me I'm gonna go look for rom-coms for Robin and I," I smiled brightly before heading off to the romance section. I ran my fingers across the section until landing on a relatively new movie, Pretty in Pink. It had came out earlier this in February and I've been wanting to see it since.

I picked it off the shelf heading over to the counter checking it out. "Cause I please play this?" I asked Steve looking over at him as Robin was returning brought back movies.

"Pretty in Pink? Dani, I'm sorry but, no," he said shaking his head.

"Fine I'll just ask Robin," I shrugged my shoulders as I started walking off.

"What! No that's not fair. All you have to do is flash you eyes are her and she does whatever you want," he whined. I didn't say anything as my smile spoke all the words he could ever think of as my response.

"Robin?" I called her name from the isle she was in.

"Hm?" she said turning around.

"Can you put Pretty in Pink in please," I smiled holding the vhs up.

"Yes, yes I can," she smiled taking it out of my hands as we walked over to the tv that was behind the counter. I stuck my tongue out Steve as she pulled out the remote to turn it on. As the TV flashes on the bell on the door let out a loud noise as people came through the door.

To my surprise it was Max and Dustin rushing in like they had something so important that they just couldn't wait to tell Robin and Steve.

a/n:

yeah i'm sorry this took forever i fr forgot the chapter was finished so i was putting it off

BUT HERE IT IS WOOOO

have a great day/night/afternoon or whatever it is where u are!!! love u

- a