021

We fell in love in October

Dani's pov ☀︎

October 21st

The day seemed to go by faster once lunch had finished. I had done the pep rally for the homecoming game tonight. And once that was over Serena and I went shopping at the little town mall. We didn't really get that much just two shirts and she got some new pants. I finally made it home and just wanted to jump into bed and sleep forever.

But I know I can't do that because I invited Robin over for dinner. She had told me before her family never really did family dinners. She said that in '83 after Will Byers went missing her parents tried incorporating them into their lives, for some normalcy. But Robin said it did the opposite, since they weren't like that before it just felt wrong. I hope this won't be how she feels tonight though.

My family only has family dinners when everyone's home, since my parents are always out on business trips. "Danielle!" my mom yelled as I was about to make my way up the steps. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face her. "Is that friend of yours still coming over? And if so is she allergic to anything?" she asked me holding out a binder of family recipes in one hand.

"Um no, none that she's told me about," I tell her before she allows me to go up to my room. I pick out an outfit to wear, since I'm sick of being in this one. As I picked out a shirt I my phone started ringing so I walked over to it and answered. "Hello," I said into the phone.

"Hey, um is there like a dress code for this or like?" Robin asked and I could hear the anxiety in her voice. "Like you know dress nice or just regular I guess?"

"Everything's going to be fine," I reassure her trying to calm her nerves. "I'd say dressy casual. My moms very excited to see you and meet you properly," I tell her with a bright smile on my face, even though she can't see it.

"Really?" she asks.

"I mean yeah, besides Serena you're like the only person I hang out with," I say with a small laugh.

"I guess yeah. Well I'll see you in a little, bye!" she chuckled before we both hung up the phone. I quickly change out of my school clothes and into what I had picked out earlier. I then went over to my mirror and fixed up my makeup and did my hair. Once I was done I went downstairs to help my mom set everything up.

"Can you get that damn cat?" my mom asked as Eggs, my cat, jumped up onto the counter. Yeah her names definitely interesting but I picked it when I was little! I picked her up and set her down far away from the kitchen before going back and helping Mom again. It didn't take us too long so she had time to finish anything else. I waited up in my room until she called me down.