018

Happier

Marie's Pov ❆

Marie's Pov

I opened Dani's door but quickly turned around as the two girls practically jumped away from each other. "Um, I brought you guys food," I told them putting my arm behind me holding the bag from Sonic.

"Thanks," Dani said taking the bag from my hands. "Sorry by the way. We didn't know you were on your way," she says apologizing to me as I turned around.

"Clearly," I said with a small chuckle. "Just be safe," I told her as her jaw practically dropped to the floor before she tried pushing me out of her room. "Nice to see you Robin," I said before she closed the door on me and I was left in the hallway. I walked over to my room putting a cassette tape on as I sat looking down at the blank canvas.

"Draw your happiest memory"

I said to myself looking down at the piece of paper. I know I've had happy moments but for some reason none of them can come to mind. Like winning a first place medal at an art contest. I just don't feel that was my happiest moment. I'm twenty, so I would think I would've experienced an amazing like breathtaking moment. My professor even said this was supposed to be an easy one.

And I know people at school that have already completed their assignments. Like Laura she did hers on going to Paris with her family for the first time. I guess I've done some things like that, but just not to the extent of Paris. We went to Disney world once, but I barely did anything because I got sick the first day.

I just wish some crazy amazing thing would just pop out of the blue randomly so I can finish this art thing.

"Marie?" I heard some say knocking on my door. I told her to come in and I saw Dani standing there with Robin not too far behind. "We're gonna head out to catch a movie."

"Ok, just be home before 7pm. Mom's cooking dinner tonight," I tell her.

"Kk we'll be back before then," she said with a small smile before closing the door. I let out a large sigh still looking down at the large canvas. Nothing.

Over the next hour I tried drawing out some ideas but none of them were good enough. Then that's when I heard a knock on the door. I walked out of my room looking through the small windows that were on the sides of the doors. I couldn't really see much, just or a more masculine looking figure. Once I reached the door and opened it, I saw Steve Harrington standing there. "Hi?" I questioned looking at him. We had never really talked in high school, and that might be because I had a huge crush on him so I stayed away trying to not have my feelings get stronger.

"Hey, is Robin here? She told me she was hanging out with Danielle today. We're supposed to go over this...thing?" he tells me very subtlety.

"She left an hour ago with Dani. I'm not sure where they are right now though. You can come in and wait if you want though," I tell, not wanting to have him wait in the chilly Hawkins weather for who knows how long.

"You sure?"

"Yes? If I wasn't why would I have suggested the idea in the first place," I told him moving out of the way so he could walk in. I sat down on one of the couches while I picked the remote up, then turning on the tv.

"So how's college?" he asked me sitting down on the other couch.

"It's good, I like it. Hard, but it can be fun at times," I tell him truthfully. We kept talking and catching up as the tv show Silver Spoons played in the background.

And as we did I could feel my feelings for him in high school start to show back up again. I guess I never fully got over it, though I've been with other people.

"You know I used to have a super big crush on you in high school," Steve tells me with a small laugh taking a sip from his Coke.

"Really?" I asked not really believing him. "Me? Weren't you with Nancy Wheeler?"

"Yeah, but I had a crush on you my sophomore year. So you know it doesn't really cross over," he tells me.

"Hm."

"What's that supposed to mean?" he says with a small chuckle.

"Nothing, nothing," I say shaking my head.

a/n:

hey guys! i'm sorry this is so short and probably super sucky but i've been super stressed with exams and everything !

next chapters will be better so sorry for this one!

also when the guy likes the girl more >>>

(word count: 814)