026

Killer Queen

Dani's pov ☀︎

Dani's pov ☀︎

   Todays the last day before spring break starts. Ever since Serena left I've felt so out of it. I just feel like I haven't been myself since that night. Which I know has brought other people down, which I don't mean to. It just seems like thats happening. It's as if the color of the world had been sucked out. That everything is now gray and cloudy.

I tried pushing those thoughts away as I stepped out of my car. I then grabbed my bag out of the backseat and flung it on my back as I walked towards the building. As I made it close to the doors I heard Robins voice yell from behind me, "Hey wait up!" she yelled jumping out of Steve's car.

I turned around as she ran towards me and put a smile on my face. For most people I had to fake a smile now, but for Robin it was never fake. Just hearing her voice was able to put some peace at my mind. "Hey," I smiled as she got close to me. Robin rambled about whatever was on her mind that morning and I listened to her. Most people would get annoyed at someone for talking non stop, but when she does it, it's the cutest thing ever. I love seeing her so excited to tell me something or just hearing whatever's on her mind.

I dropped her off in the band room before I walked into the gym. Since we have a pep rally all the cheerleaders have to go to the gym first thing this morning. As I entered the gym I saw Chrissy and Lorelai sitting down and stretching together. I sat my cheer bag down on the side of the gym before joining them. As I sat down they both looked over at me giving a small smile. They continued talking about what they were before and I put my input in every now and then.

It wasn't long before we were all standing in two lines beside the entrance doors cheering as the students entered the gym. And then once everyone was in we did the routine as everyone yelled with excitement. Once we finished we ran to the front of the floor sitting on our knees as the basketball players ran out. I waved to Lucas which he acknowledged with a wave and smile back.

Once they were all out Jason was handed a microphone and he started his speech. He then started naming all the people we had lost and how they wouldn't want us to lose, and when he said Serena's name my heart dropped. My smile dropped and for that moment I just felt numb.

It's like everyone just gave up on her that quickly. It's been five months since I saw her. There's just no way she's gone. Maybe she left town for a while? I know how much she dislikes her parents. Though she'd usually just stay at my house, but I guess it isn't far away enough from them.

But when everyone started cheering I just followed along. I didn't wanna look off to everyone else so I just did as everyone else did. After everyone cheered at the end of his speech the principal came out dismissing everyone grade by grade. Once they all had left, the cheerleaders, basketball players, and band members followed everyone else out. I walked with Robin to the band room so she could drop off her instrument and get out of her band uniform, then we headed to our lockers.