XX: Death

L I S A

I felt the sun hitting my face, which caused me to wake up. I slowly opened my eyes and I felt something heavy on top of me. The kitten is sleeping on top of me, her face buried in my neck, and she is hugging my waist tightly.

I can't move at all. I want to stand up from the bed, but this kitten is holding me tightly and she groans every time I move.

I gently tapped her shoulder and tried to wake her up.

"Jennie, wake up." She groaned, and she held my hand that was tapping her shoulder.

"5 more hours." She uttered and I sighed.

"Mandu Kim, we have morning classes." She groaned, and she slowly sat up on my abdomen. She rubbed her eyes using her small fist and she looked at me.

"Good morning, Lili." She smiled at me and she kissed my cheeks.

"Morning, can you move? I can't breathe properly." She rolled onto the bed, and I stood up. "Does your sister know you sleep here?"

"I'm going to text her." I nodded and I went to the bathroom.

I took a 15-minute shower and I put on my everyday look, which is a hoodie and black pants. I went out of the bathroom and I sat on my desk, then I started drying my hair.

Suddenly, Jennie snatched the hair dryer from my hands and she continued drying my hair.

"You have pretty long silky hair, Lili." I relaxed at her touch and I felt like she was massaging my head while she was drying my hair. "You feel relaxed?"

"Yeah, you're good at this." She chuckled, and she combed my hair after she finished drying it.

"You're all good." I looked at myself in the mirror and I aligned my bangs. "Let me borrow your bathroom. I'm going to take a shower."

"You have a new pair of clothes?" She nodded and she took her clothes from her bag. "You are always prepared, huh?"

"Not really." She winked at me before she went to the bathroom.

I headed downstairs and I saw Rosé eating and sitting at the table with Jisoo.

"Morning, Liz." Rosé greeted me and she pushed the cereal in front of me.

"Morning Chaeng, Morning Chu." I put milk on my cereal and started eating.

"So, my sister slept here?" Jisoo asked, and I nodded. "Where did she sleep?"

"In my bed." I answered and she raised her eyebrow.

"You mean you slept together last night?" I nodded, and she gasped. "You are still not together, but you have already slept in the same bed and beside each other."

"What's wrong with that? It's not like I took advantage of her while she was sleeping. We just sleep Chu, dont think about something further than that. "

"Okay."

Minutes later, Jennie finished doing her morning routine. She sat beside me and ate her breakfast.

We finished our breakfast and we headed to KM University.

•••

We sat in our usual seat, which is in the last row at the back. I heard a lot of murmuring and talking about something. I opened the school forum because I'm curious about what these students are talking about.

"Nancy McDonnie, a 21-year-old woman, was discovered dead last night in the Seoul Forest.She got stabbed twice in her shoulders, strangled her neck, and beat her till she died. Police are now investigating and finding the culprit behind it."