XLVII: Mood Swings

L I S A

It's so cold.

I'm freezing.

Jennie threw me out of the house in the middle of the night because she despised my scent, face, voice, touch, or, in short, my entire presence.

I'm sitting on the steps before the main door of the house, hugging myself because it's freaking cold here and I'm only wearing sweatpants and a shirt.

We got married, but we didn't hold a ceremony because Jennie said it would take time to prepare everything and she wanted to get married as soon as possible.

We are also living together at one of her houses.

I want to call my friends, but I left my phone inside the house, and it's already late, and they're probably sleeping now.

"Mrs. Manoban." Mr. Jeong put a jacket on me.

"Thank you, Mr. Jeong." He sat beside me and offered me a hot chocolate, which I gladly accepted. "It's already late; why are you still awake?"

"I heard some breaking noise, and I woke up to check it." I nodded and took a sip of hot chocolate. "She's going to look for you soon; bear with her mood swings. Pregnant women always experience mood swings and cravings."

"I never heard about your family, Mr. Jeong." He smiled sadly.

"I had a cute daughter and a beautiful wife. They met a terrible accident that caused their deaths. Your wife gave me a job, and she helped me to accept that I lost my family." He sighed.

"Do you have pictures of your family?" He brought out his wallet, and he showed me their photo. "Your wife is indeed beautiful, and your daughter is so cute."

"They are." We heard someone calling for me, and it's Nini. "Looks like your wife is missing you."

"Thank you for the jacket and hot chocolate." He nodded, and he bid his goodbyes.

All of a sudden, Jennie opened the door, and she pouted while looking at me. She slowly walked towards me, and she hugged me tightly.

I snaked my arms around her waist, then I heard sobs coming from her.

"L-lili. Mianhe." she sniffed, and she wiped her tears using her little fist.

"Why are you apologizing?" I fixed her hair.

"I-I...kicked you out of the house," she stuttered, and I sighed.

"I'm fine; I understand that you have mood swings." I helped her wipe her tears. "Let's go inside. It's cold here."

She made a grabby hand, indicating that she wanted me to carry and cuddle her. I have no choice but to comply or she will throw a tantrum.

I carried her in bridal style, and she buried her face in my neck, sniffing it.

She's humming a song while I'm carrying her to our room. I gently laid her in bed and covered her body with the comforter.

"I'm going to get you some milk so you can sleep." I kissed her forehead, and she giggled. "Wait for me here, please."

"Okie." She said it in a cute voice, and she gave me an okay sign.

I ran downstairs to get a glass of milk for her before her mood changed again.

I went back to our bedroom, and I saw her playing with the stuffed toy we got from the claw machine. She noticed me. I sat beside her and helped her sit.