Chapter 01

01: The Birth Of A Hero?

"Where the hell are we?"

Cale was frowning as he looks around. 

Just now, they are happily celebrating their victory from the war with the White Star—finally—in the Henituse territory. The kingdom is celebrating, Cale and his friends are celebrating, and everyone is.

However, there was this sudden flash of light and when their eyes adjusted to the bright light, they found themselves in a familiar forest.

-Human! I didn't do it!

"It wasn't me as well."

Claim Raon and Eruhaben who are the only ones capable of teleporting such a large number crowd in less than a minute. Although Rosalyn could do it too, she needs time to set the coordinates before she could move everyone.

However, what happened to them was instant teleport. They did not even feel that they move at all—they felt seriously nothing.

"How did we get here?"

"This place, I am quite familiar with it."

Rosalyn asked followed by Mary in her usual monotonic voice.

Everyone was sure no one has used magic to teleport them outside the Henituse residence. Hence who was the bastard that throws them outside in the middle of their victory celebration when there are dragons around?

Meanwhile.

Cale's mind is chaotic.

There are a few that comes to mind but Cale doesn't want that possibility to come true so he ignores it.

"Cale-nim. This is... the Forest of Darkness?" 

Choi Han was very familiar with the forest of darkness as he spends tens of years surviving and wandering around the forest alone before meeting Cale and his new family.

Choi Han knew very well that this forest is the Forest of Darkness yet at the same time, he was hesitating. Because he could feel it too.

"Yes... but no."

Cale was sure, something is strange.

This Forest of Darkness seems to have tons of monsters when in fact, Cale and the rest of the group have already cleansed most of the monsters. They are already planning on going back to the black castle after the celebration is over to start Cale's little farm.

Strangely, the monsters grew in numbers in just one night.

"Young master Cale, shall we go find the black castle, or should we head back to the Henituse residence?"

Rosalyn asks as she looks at Cale.

Everyone also looks at Cale.

Cale looks back at Rosalyn but did not reply as he starts scanning the area.

With him was Raon, On, Hong, Choi Han, Ron, Beacrox, Lock, Rosalyn, Mary, and Eruhaben. It was the same people, so Cale was less worried, but with one addition.

"Huh? Your Highness?"

"What... Dongsaeng, you are here?"

Both Cale and Alberu stare at one another. They have a similar complicated look on their faces.

Alberu frowned, realizing something.

"No. Why am I even here?"

"Your Highness, I did not do anything."

Cale was quick to defend himself when Alberu looks at him for an explanation.

The Crown Prince, soon to be crowned as the Emperor of the newly Roan Empire, and was supposedly the busiest person after the war, was now with them in the Forest of Darkness, in his more elegant prince attire.