Chapter 29

29. It's Too Much To Take In.

Gasp.

"This is..."

Og!Cale looked around with wide eyes, his pupils were shaking.

They were in a very familiar and private place. 

'... Mother's grave.'

That is right. The place where Cale brought him was his late mother's resting place. It has been a while since he was last here to pay respect to his mother.

They stop at the entrance of the hill.

"It's only half of her power but..."

It is still her ancient power nonetheless.

It was silent for a moment. Og!Cale then took a deep breath and opened his mouth.

"I see."

The other Cale said they will pick up the last ancient power. But it isn't so surprising as the other Cale knew his mother possesses an ancient power too. 

So it is his mother's power they are going to get. That, he wasn't expecting.

"... Take your time."

Cale and the others do not proceed and choose to stay behind. After all, ancient powers can only be acquired on your own, and to also give the young master a moment with his mother.

Before walking further, og!Cale looked at Cale with obvious hesitation on his face.

He was both nervous and excited. It was because he could hear the ancient powers' voices whenever he takes their test and that means he might be able to hear his mother's voice.

Even if one last time, he could hear his mother's voice. The thought of hearing his mother's voice after years is painful but also lovely, beautiful even. 

Og!Cale remembered what he and Cale talk about before coming here.

'If you accept your mother's ancient power and help defeat the White Star, you might not be able to see her reincarnation like your other self.'

It was because there is no reason for him to make a deal with the God of Death if they win. If they manage to win.

'And I know you didn't want to leave the family behind. Stop acting like trash and value them properly from now on. We only have one life.'

He might say that Cale was wrong but deep inside, he knew he was right. Og!Cale does not want to leave his family behind. He doesn't like to choose between them and his mother. 

He thought about what Cale said. To stop acting like trash, let go of any remaining bitterness, and finally become happy by accepting his new home. 

In the end, og!Cale decided to stay and accept his mother's ancient power. He chooses his family. This would be the last time he would hear from his mother as he decided he would stay in this world.

That is why, he is sad and happy, but also terrified. He doesn't understand what he truly feels at the moment. It hurts choosing his family over his mother.

"How... How do I get it?"

He then clenches his fists as he waited for Cale's answer.

Cale paused and thought about the trial he went through to get the ancient power and sighs in exasperation. He waves his hand at og!Cale's nervous face.

"It's not difficult. Once she sees your face, you will pass."

"Huh?"

What kind of test is that?