Chapter 23

23: How About A Deal?

Eruhaben, Mary, and og!Mary decided to go to Choi Han and the others first in the ocean as Cale had mentioned that they are currently engaging in a three-way battle between the Whales and the mermaids.     

They had immediately teleported in the Whales territory after an unknown mage that belongs to og!crown prince Mage Brigade gave the coordinates of their ship.

It was quite hard since the shockwave of the fight causes the ship to move around but Eruhaben is an Ancient Dragon who had lived a little longer than he should have so it was rather easy for him to pinpoint their location. 

Besides, he had been in the Whales territory quite a few times already.

"The mermaids that are using a dragon's dead mana. It appears that the mermaids are still around in this world."

"That seems to be the case, Eruhaben-nim. The issue about the mermaids was fixed after the young master-nim found the source of their increased power. But the young master-nim in this place is different than the young master."

Mary replied in her usual tone.

Eruhaben looked down to the battle on a wrecked ship, above the block of ice, and in the ocean.

Currently, they are up in the air observing as they knew Choi Han, Lock, Ron, and the kids are all strong enough to fight. Plus there is another Choi Han and Lock with them.

The battle down there was a bit intense especially with how strong the Whales and the mermaids are. However, his children have become even stronger after the war ended so they had the advantage.

Eruhaben is also helping a bit by using flight magic on them. 

Although og!Choi Han and og!Lock is puzzled about who is casting them flight magic—Choi Han, Lock, Ron, and the two children already know that Eruhaben is just around watching them fight.

"There are similarities. But they seem like two different people."

At first, he did not react strongly to the fact that their Cale and the Cale of this world are different, yet the Ancient Dragon has suspicions. He is a curious Dragon after all. 

Thankfully, Cale was an honest man and told him the whole truth. It was shocking but Eruhaben would lie if he said he was not relieved that their Cale was not the same as the Cale of this world.

"Excuse me. Did you say it is a dead dragon's mana?"

Og!Mary, who had been silent the whole time, spoke with interest.

Dead mana. 

As a necromancer, dead mana is so precious for them as it is very difficult to attain. However, a dead dragon's mana? A Dragon's dead mana?? Now that is even more precious than dead mana!

"That is right."

Mary look at her other self and nodded.

"The young master-nim has given me a bottle of dead mana in exchange for creating a replacement for grandpa Ron's arm. It was precious and it made me strong. The young master-nim is a really good person."

"I see. That young master is truly a good person."

Even if og!Mary's face was covered with her hood, Mary knew she wants to know where they had gotten the dragon's dead mana.

"There are also dead dragon bones. You can have them if the young master-nim gives it to you."

Og!Mary was happy to hear that but decided to keep quiet and simply nodded her head. She cannot just speak her desire out loud with Eruhaben around as it might offend the Ancient Dragon.