Chapter 21

21: Let Us Chat

After Cale scammed og!Eruhaben into helping them after they extend his life, Cale now has to face Eruhaben, who demands to chat with him in private.

Understanding, Alberu gave them a spare room.

Og!Alberu wanted to complain but decided to shut his mouth because of the intimidating presence of the Golden Elf.

While Raon wanted to come, Eruhaben told og!Eruhaben to keep the little kid out of their talk. He also cast a soundproof spell so that no one could hear their conversation.

Cale was scared as he sat silently in front of Eruhaben, who keeps on staring at him. He has quite an idea of what Eruhaben wanted to ask him but does not want to talk unless ask.

"Cale Henituse."

Eruhaben called after a moment of silence.

Tap.

The Ancient Dragon taps the armrest once.

Cale let out a cough as he shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

"... Yes, Eruhaben-nim?"

"Hmm. I want to ask. Where is the little kid?"

The unlucky human avoided Eruhaben's gaze and coughs again.

Eruhaben felt suspicious as he watch the poor bastard avoiding his gaze. Nevertheless, the Ancient Dragon feel his heart sink as he could see the deep frown on Cale's face while staring at nowhere.

The Ancient Dragon knew well that look on Cale's face.

"I see I do not need to ask."

Eruhaben sighs deeply. His chest feels heavy now that he confirmed that the little Black Dragon has already died.

Cale tried to open his mouth but do not know what to say.

Silence filled the room. It was not an awkward silence as there is heavy tension in the air.

"What happened?"

Eruhaben's voice was rather calm compared to his stiff expression and shaking fist.

"How did the kid end up dead?"

"Raon... goes berserk to get out of the dungeon he was locked up since he hatched and destroyed a mountain."

Cale flinches when the tension in the room rises. Eruhaben notices and sighs, calming himself down.

"He has lost his sanity and slaughtered everyone he sees. Destroying everything in his way. Humans do not have a choice but to end his life."

Eruhaben pressed his lips and sighs again.

"I guess you in this world did not save him. However, I do not blame you. It is not your obligation to save a Dragon as we are a great and mighty existence. We are not supposed to be saved by mere humans."

The Ancient Dragon knew about Raon's past. How Cale saved him and gave him a chance to get revenge on the people that tutored him for four years.

He was enraged when he learned what happened to the little kid. However, those people that did it to him have already died, that's why he does not have a choice but to move on as he cannot take out his wrath in those bastards anymore.

"However. If only I knew, I could have—"

Eruhaben has always been protecting young Dragon's especially those who are going through their first growth phase. He may not show it, but he cares for young creatures who are thousand years younger than him.