Chapter 26

26. Truly An Unlucky Bastard.

"Did something happen, Eruhaben-nim?"  

Alberu asked, noticing the troubled look on the Ancient Dragon's face.

Eruhaben was with Choi Han when his counterpart called and is telling him to go to the Roan Kingdom. Apparently, the excommunicated priestess Cage has appeared and has a message from the God of Death.

The Gold Dragon sighs.  

"Well, it was difficult to calm down that child Lock while not alerting the other children."

It got Cale and Raon's attention.

"What happened, Eruhaben-nim?"

"Goldie Gramps! What happened to good Lock and my Noona and Hyung? Are they hurt!?"

Cale was already frowning as Raon clung to Eruhaben.

"Calm down."

Eruhaben reach for Raon and covered his ears.

"Gramps! I wanna hear it! Let go!"

"Lock talked with the other Lock and likely discovered about his siblings' death. Furthermore, he found out about the Whale Paseton's death. The child's distress."

The Dragon said as he looked at Cale and Alberu, who were now scowling. They did not say anything anymore as Raon got away but there was frustration slightly visible on both their faces.

"Choi Han and the kids are comforting him."

Alberu silently gave Cale a cookie in comfort, which the other reached out unconsciously.

"On probably has an idea."

"She does."

Cale bit the cookie as he said that and Eruhaben agreed.

"It's... unfortunate. But this isn't our world."

It may seem harsh but Alberu was only stating the truth and the two quietly agreed.

Yes, they have the ability to completely help this world and end the war however Alberu and Eruhaben are not willing to sacrifice Cale for something they have no control over. They don't belong here and this world already has its fate.

Of course, they would still help as much as possible while here. They are already doing it for a week but now that they have a lead who sent them here, they need to find a way to go home.  

The matters of their home come first.

"What did Noona find out? Human, crown prince, gramps! Talk to me!"

A knock on the door interrupted them and a dark elf in disguise came inside. Raon immediately turned invisible.

"The room is ready, your highness."

"That's good, thank you."

With that, they head off to their location.

***

"God of Mischief?" 

The excommunicated priestess Cage nodded with a blank expression.

'Loki?'

Cale thought and frowned before meeting Alberu's eyes. It was the first time they had heard of that God. For Cale, at least in this world.

Currently, they are in a private room in the Roan Kingdom provided by the og!crown prince.

The people in the room are only Cale, Raon, Alberu, and Eruhaben. Their counterparts are not included in this discussion and are currently having a meeting of their own.