Chapter 16

16: This Is Weird

Click.

The sound of the teacup placed on the coffee table echoed in the room.

Currently, there are three people in that certain room. Two women and one man. 

None is saying anything but the silence is not that uncomfortable.

"This is weird." 

Rosalyn chuckled when the other said that as she silently watches the one sitting in front of her. 

It was a familiar woman with rose-like red hair—former princess Rosalyn. Another Rosalyn. There are two of her.

"But I do not hate it."

"Right? It is weird but that is it."

Rosalyn grinned at her other self, who also made a similar expression to her.

They seem oddly calm and collected even when they just first meet each other.

Beacrox, who is also in the same room, did not say anything. He was too busy wiping his greatsword that has fresh blood after they encountered enemies while making their way to the Breck Kingdom.

"I thought there is something wrong when your friend swiftly appeared and Choi Han began acting odd. With the crown prince following right after, I guess this is the reason."

Og!Rosalyn calmly said as she watches Rosalyn's reaction.

"Indeed. I am one of the reasons."

Rosalyn and Beacrox secretly meet up with og!Rosalyn so that they can formulate a plan for the final battle against the Indomitable Alliance. And here they are, in a secret private room provided by og!Rosalyn.

After the war, Rosalyn wanted the Breck Kingdom to ally themselves to the Roan Kingdom and worked together. Although she wanted it to be done before they attack the Mogoru Empire, forming an alliance is not very easy.

Their allies before and now do not trust and are also not involved with each other. There is no deep bond and connection. That makes things harder.

"Aren't you curious if I am an imposter or not?"

Since it is the natural reaction of someone seeing another person that looks like her and is claiming that they wanted to help.

It has been a while since they began talking but og!Rosalyn has never asked even once who she is, what she is, and anything similar.

Though Rosalyn already knew why. They are one after all. It will be weird if she doesn't. However, she just wanted to ask.

"Curious—"

Og!Rosalyn stopped talking and stared at Rosalyn.

Honestly, she was very shocked when a woman looked like her and Beacrox appeared in front of her in her private quarters and suddenly proposes to help. It was very suspicious.

Of course, og!Rosalyn was hesitating, but the crown prince Alberu suddenly message her saying to trust these people for now. They will all have a meeting after taking care of the Indomitable Alliance and Northern Alliance so og!Rosalyn can only wait.

Og!Rosalyn then sigh as she answered with all honesty.

"Truthfully, you do not feel that different."

More like, she feels a kinship with Rosalyn. She also does not seem suspicious at all so og!Rosalyn did not question why they look so much alike.

"I feel like I can trust you even if this is the first time we have ever met."

Rosalyn was quiet for a few minutes before nodding in agreement.