Chapter 25

25. Should Speak With Details.

"Hey. Let's talk."  

It was the morning after Cale creep out to fetch an artifact while also destroying an island.

"My friend, it's still too early! Come, let's have a drink first!"

The Mercenary King Bud Ilis shamelessly made an excuse.  

This redhead person that had suddenly appeared, stole an ancient artifact that belongs to the island his family is gatekeeping, destroying one of the islands in the process, and making him lose a drinking competition making him his secretary.

"Ouch!"

Bud looked towards his friend, who had slapped his hand that was reaching for a bottle of alcohol.

His friend Glenn Poeff glared at him.

"We don't have time for this."

Bud sighs but did not reach for alcohol anymore.

The fatigue on his face is visible now and Bud was not acting. 

Currently, he is on the run because a certain someone is chasing him. 

He was always been chased by a certain someone yet it was not bad before. However, recently it is getting worse. They seem desperate to get him now and it is difficult to hide and not put his subordinates in danger. 

Stress is an understatement with how things are at the moment.

Yesterday, that bastard chasing him almost got him. It was a very closed call if not for a certain cloaked person rescuing him and his friend Glenn, they would have been dead.

They got away but they did not let their guard down with the mysterious person. The fact that he manages to get them away from the White Star says he is not to be underestimated.

Although very suspicious, they talked to that person. Apparently, he was also in a hurry. He simply said to be careful with a person with red hair but also said to find a person with red hair. It wasn't very clear.

At first, he was wary because this person has a similar smell to that bastard chasing him. He would have fought him after seeing him destroying the Twin Island if not for the Dragons.

He was a swordmaster and an experienced fighter, but he knew well he doesn't stand a chance against a Dragon.

It was because he stopped that he notice the redhead smelled similar but also different. That person chasing him has one different smell and is lacking the smell of wood. Yet that redhead has the smell of wood but does not have the smell of sky. 

Bud knew he must be the redhead that the cloaked person told him to find. But it is not like he trusted that man.

However, after a talk, Bud decided to cooperate with them after they revealed accurate information regarding Arm. Their leader is a person that lived for a thousand, continuously reincarnating after being cursed by breaking the vow of death with the last Dragon Lord.

To add, the White Star being the first Mercenary King and creating the Directory to sneak in there so that he could have the latest information is making Bud feels guilty and mad.

To think the Mercenary Guild was only created for that shitty person to use. The death of those who the White Star had to hunt to acquire their Ancient Power is weighing Bud.

But the enemy has a lot of allies, especially in the Eastern Continent. He cannot be reckless. Though, how the White Star even manage to hide everything with how big of a scale he was doing is unknown.