Chapter 09

09: A Different Path

The next day.

Cale and Alberu were still not back by morning. The kidnapping of the Count's oldest son was also making the territory quite chaotic.

Choi Han and their friends have set a camp in the forest, in the spot where Cale should be waiting.

Beacrox and Raon go hunting for food last night and they ate without Cale and Alberu and everyone is getting worried.

They are so close to attacking the Henituse castle to see and find Cale and Alberu. Thank the gods that Eruhaben had informed them that Cale and the other Cale were already getting along and that they will be back tomorrow.

That is why everyone was calmly waiting for Cale and Alberu's return so that they can move on to the plan.

In addition, Eruhaben did not yet come back even though the battle on the Henituse territory has already ended as he was making sure Cale and Alberu were safe. Though he never said actually that, it was too obvious.

"Where are you going, punk?"

Choi Han, who was planning on meeting his other self, was stealthily sneaking out. However, Ron notices him and followed him.

"You. Why are you following me?"

Choi Han was as disrespectful as ever to Ron.

The old butler did not care nonetheless as he continued to speak.

"Answer me, punk."

"Why does it matter to you? You don't need to know. I am coming back right after."

Choi Han turned his back to Ron and then proceeded to go to where his other self has said they would meet up. It was close to the Henituse Walls.

Raon talked to og!Choi Han while remaining invisible and Choi Han was just watching from afar, making sure that Raon will be safe.

And that Choi Han wanted them to meet near the Henituse just in case Choi Han did something. He did not mind considering he was stronger than og!Choi Han after all.

As he had arrived, he found the other Choi Han waiting for him.

"Choi Han?"

However, before he could approach him, he did not expect to run into Cale, and Alberu, who has just removed the invisible magic and is flying down from the walls into the forest.

Landing on the ground, Cale was frowning at Choi Han and then asks.

"Why are you-"

Flinch.

Cale flinches as he stopped talking.

He took notice of another individual besides the three of them and that certain individual was giving him the chills.

"You two-who are you!?"

Clank!

Og!Choi Han took out his sword and pointed it to Cale and Alberu with a murderous expression on his innocent-looking face.

However, Choi Han was quick. He blocks og!Choi Han's gaze at Cale and Alberu by standing in front of both of them.

He then calmly said.

"Stop. Don't attack. They are with me."

Though his eyes, the only visible feature of his face that was showing, was not calm. Og!Choi Han could tell that the man was warning him not to do something foolish.

"Why will-!"

"Trust me! I will not hurt you nor your family!"

Choi Han's voice was a bit louder than usual.