CHAPTER THREE (I'M CLAY)

I walk into the mailroom at 6:15. There's nobody in the room. I take my time to say hi to Dylan and walk over to my box. I feel the air shift as I unlock the box. I smile.

There's my hot mailroom guy walking into the mailroom, just like he's done every single day this week.

I'm not stalking him. I just simply moved my schedule around a little bit, conveniently at the same time he seems to get his mail. I feel like a highschooler who walks a certain way to get to a class just to see their crush. I guess that's kind of exactly what I'm doing. I don't even know his name for heaven's sake.

I turn around to the table in the center of the room to get out the junk mail. He's quick to unlock his box and grab his mail. He's locking his box up right as I walk out the door. Maybe we'll be in the same elevator.

I walk into the elevator. I can see him walk out of the mailroom towards the elevator, but he pulls out his phone and answers a call.

The doors close on my chance.

I frown. I wish I could spend more time with my mystery building boy, but it seems that fate has decided against it. Dang it.

I'm manning the register for a while at work today. We have no big orders today, so I'm not needed in the back that much.

"Hi, how can I take your order?" I ask in my best customer service voice.

"Hey sweetie," the old lady in front of my answers, "can I get a scone and a black coffee to go?"

"Of course." I click the order in.

The stylus I use to click orders in isn't working very well. I click firmly to get the order in. Weird.

After the lady pays, I try to click on a couple things to fix the pen. I'm going to have to tell Marcy to order a new one. I think.

A man walks up to the register. I click a couple times a tester as I ask, "Hi, what can I get for you today?"

"Sorry, I just need a second." A smooth voice says.

"No worries," I glance up to put a face to the nice voice only to find a familiar face I've looked at more times than I'd like to admit. Building Boy. "Oh hey, I know you." I blurt out.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Why would you say that, you creepy stalker?

A look of panic crosses his eyes before it's replaced with relief as he recognizes who I am. "Oh we live in the same building! I see you in the mailroom all the time." he says.

He's noticed me? I feel butterflies in my stomach. This cannot be happening.

"Yeah, I go right after work." I say. Don't tell him too much, idiot.

"You work here?" he asks. He fixes his hair a little bit.

I laugh. "No, I just show up in an apron for fun some days."

"That was a dumb question. Sorry." He chuckles at himself a little.

"No such thing. Are you ready?" I ask, hinting at his order since there was a line forming behind him.

"Oh yeah," he squints at the menu above me a little bit. He's so cute. "Can I get a dozen bagels to go please?"

"Hungry?" I joke as I stab the broken stylus onto the screen.

"It's for my family." He says, pulling out his wallet.

"That makes sense. You're order will be $24.50."

He pays. "Nice officially meeting you...."

"Y/n." I smile.

"Nice officially meeting you, y/n. I'm Clay."

He flashes me a smile before walking away.

Clay. His name is Clay.

authors note:

 im pretty sure we all knew hot neighbor boy's name would be clay but surprise if you didn't! 

have a great day :) 

word count: 661