Apricus 13-28

~SOTD:- Sun or Suck by Woodz (Transit Love OST)~
________________________________________________________

"Can't we just beat them, I mean we all got weapons," said Allen, scratching his head.

"Do as the speaker says or the ending won't go well. You don't want to die, do you? Now QUICK go HIDE inside the closet of the kitchen or living room!" said the speaker.

"Okay, okay, chill," said Allen and everyone went to hide inside the closet of the kitchen and living room.
The footsteps from the basement sounded huge. After a few seconds, a figure appeared from the basement. It was Scary Larry.

"He doesn't look scary, he looks like a grandpa with grandma clothes," said Seongmin peeking out from the closet.
"Look at the flower behind his hat, it looks cute," said Lacy.
"Why is he so slow like a turtle?" said Jungmo.
After a few minutes of Scary Larry walking slowly through the hallway, he went upstairs.
"He has gone upstairs, QUICK! Run to the basement!" said the speaker. They went into the basement. Serim, who was last to enter, closed the basement door.
"Now what?" said Hyeongjun.
Everyone shrugged. "HEY, SPEAKER! SAY SOMETHING! I AM TERRIFIED!" said Hyeongjun.
"Calm down, I bet we will finish this soon, I think it's already like 30 minutes past. The game can't be that long!" said Wonjin.
"Let's play something," said Taeyoung.
"What? Sing ring-a-ring-o'-roses'?'" said Minhee.
"I was gonna say charades but if you wanna do ring-a-ring-o'-roses', I don't mind," said Taeyoung.
"What are you, five?" said Allen.
"Yes, five heads taller than you," Taeyoung roasted Allen.
"Can I beat this kid up?" said Allen.
"Nobody is gonna beat anyone, let's complete the game first," said Serim.

Suddenly, there were aggressive knocks at the basement door. Lacy flinched.
"They are trying to break in, DEFEND the basement!" said the speaker.
"You mean Scary Larry is at the door?" said Woobin.
"I think so, the game is gonna finish then," said Yongseo.
They backed off as they heard the basement door open. The lanky man with the funny mask appeared again.
"These must be like the guards of Scary Larry," said Jiwon.

The man started beating everyone but he got defeated easily as the fourteen of them attacked together. They were joined by another three identical-looking lanky men who started beating with their crowbars. The team soon defeated the men. Minhee got hurt by this incident as one of the men hit the crowbar right on his knee. Lacy used her medkit and fixed his injury. Similarly, other people with minor injuries who were also cured thanks to the medical team, Woobin, Wonjin, Hyeongjun, Seongmin, Yongseo, and Lacy.
"The game was serious, they did get hurt," said Beeda.
"Wait, Scary Larry hasn't been defeated yet, so there is more story?" said Eun-sang.
The lights went dim, indicating it was night in the game.
"We'll have to spend our night down here…," said the speaker, "there are three bedrolls in the basement, only some of you will be able to sleep tonight,"
There appeared three bedrolls.
"We ain't going to sleep anyways," said Jungmo.
"Give the beds to whoever needs the most, it's going to be a very cold night." said the speaker.
"What do you mean? You are gonna decrease the temperature here?" asked Taeyoung. The speaker said nothing. "I hate the way this speaker ignores," said Taeyoung.

So, Minhee took one of the bedrolls as he was hurt and low-key he thought maybe sleeping for 10 minutes would be great, Minhee dozed off in a blink of an eye. Next, Eun-sang took a bedroll because he was awake the whole night yesterday spying on some enemies, at least 10 minutes of sleep would energize 10% of him. Lacy begged to take the last bedroll as it was already past 11.45 of the night and this guilt-free girl sleeps at 9 so no doubt she was a little drowsy.
Meanwhile, the awake people thought to play charades as Taeyoung said which wasn't agreed by everyone.
The game was quite fun as most of them were going along. Some people just wanted to go home and played dumb.
"Hyeongjun, come on don't look so sad, go you can try the word," said Wonjin, giving him attention.
Hyeongjun just stood still without any expression.
"A statue?" guessed Serim.
"A lifeless soul?" said Taeyoung.
"Get me home before I cry my lungs out?" said Allen.
"No, I actually was nothing because I don't wanna play this game but that guess is also correct," said Hyeongjun.
"GET ME OUT OF HERE!" shouted Hyeongjun, "I DON'T WANNA DIE!"
"Stop being such a coward," said Jungmo.
"Did you know? Lacy has the same face as Hyeongjun right now," said Yongseo, who noticed how lifeless she looked even on the bed.
"This game will kill us, I can feel it," said Lacy.
"Relax! The next moments will be fun though this is already getting fun," said Woobin, giving hopeless people some ray of light of hope, "Remember? They said they would give a special Halloween candy if we finish this game?"
"The reason why I haven't chickened out yet, else I would be already out," said Hyeongjun. Lacy nodded, "But, if I leave you guys, we would be alone so I wasn't even thinking to chicken out."
"Lacy, you are more farsighted than I thought," said Seongmin who was kind of impressed.

The lights were back. "Well, it's the morning I guess," said Wonjin.
"Head out of the basement," said the speaker.
"WAKE UP, IT'S ALREADY MORNING!" shouted Woobin. The two guys woke up with red eyes.
"It's morning already? I wanna take a nap for a bit more," said Minhee. Eun-sang got up, "I couldn't even sleep, how do you sleep under 10 minutes?"
Minhee shrugged, "A blessing,"
Everyone went out of the basement. They noticed the front door was open.
"The front door is left open, I think that's how they left," said the speaker.
"We have completely run out of supplies, head out of the house and find the grocery store," said the speaker.
They went out and explored the place. The neighborhood was destroyed. The houses collapsed and trees were down on the ground. As they were finding the store, Beeda noticed a shop which had written 'FOR MORE PROTECTION!'
Now, Beeda was confused. It must be either a pharmacy or some other drug store for the specific 'protection' Beeda was thinking about but the features of the shop didn't look like it. The shop looked as if the stuff were illegal to sell. She went further and was surprised to see what the shop was selling.

"YOU GUYS, LOOK! CHECK IT OUT HERE!" shouted Beeda which diverted everyone's concentration from finding a grocery store. "What's up?" asked Eun-sang.
"Look what I found," said Beeda entering the shop.
"Seems worn out," said Jungmo going inside.
The shop was none other than an ammunition store. "Woah, that means we can buy a gun!" said Seongmin. "This is how we can win easily and quickly, I guess," said Allen.
"This isn't the 'real gun store' right? Like we aren't gonna shoot real bullets to Scary Larry," asked Wonjin who wasn't sure if this was in the script of the game.
"I'm sure they are fake guns with fake bullets but the gun might be OUR chance to win and get hurt less," said Woobin.
"Yeah, and if we were going against the script, the speaker would have gotten annoyed at us but they haven't said anything yet," said Jiwon.
"Makes sense," said Yongseo.
Everyone agreed to purchase a gun.
"Excuse me," said Serim to the cashier.
"Yes, how may I help you? Did you know you guys are the first team to purchase guns?" said the cashier.
Everyone exchanged their glances at each other.
"Oh okay, thanks, I guess," said Serim, scratching his head, "we were wondering if we could purchase a gun,"
"A gun? Sure, how much money did you have?" asked the cashier. Minhee showed the money that they got from the safe. "You can get two guns for this much money, is that okay?" asked the cashier. "Sure," they all agreed.
"The question is," said Woobin, "who can operate guns and shoot them well?"
There was a minute of silence. They didn't think of that.
"Eun-sang can! He shot a dozen of Cyclops with brother Seungyeon's gun during the battle. He was very good," said Wonjin.
"What? Eun-sang, you never said you were good with guns!" said Minhee who got offended.
"Uh, yeah. I didn't know until that time either," said Eun-sang.
"Okay, one gun, Eun-sang will operate. What about the other one?" asked Lacy. There was a couple of minutes of silence.
"Let me do it then," said Seongmin.
"Are you sure?" asked Serim who was concerned even though they were fake. "Have a little faith in me," said Seongmin. So, it was decided that guns will be used by Eun-sang and Seongmin.

Suddenly, a siren began to ring. "The siren's sound is always irritating!" said Taeyoung, closing his ears.
"An alarm is going off, go outside and check it out...be careful…," said the speaker.
**************************************************
Author's Words

Hope you liked the chapter, sorry for a little late update, it is of course because of my busy schedules.
Once again, this story is based on a game 'Break-in' which can be found in Roblox. And there are a few of my imagination sprinkled too. Make sure you vote! See you next week!

-the author
Cloud