Thirty-One: Missing Some Pieces

After cleaning up the apartment from the confession of a night with Shad, we decided to forgive each other and start over as friends.

Since he's about to have a baby and all there's only that option. As he was about to leave, he stopped at the door and turned to me.

"Make sure you call my boy Hank,iight? I promise he'll fix all ya shit and might be able to get the crew together for y'all to sit down and stop acting like some little kids. Alright, I done said my piece so I'm gone."

He gave me and hug and kissed my cheek.

"Hit me up and let me know if you need some help, cool?" I hugged him back and nodded as he turned and walked out.

Going into the living room, I grabbed the wall phone and started dialing.

"New Nation Public Relations, Henry Costal." The voice sounded very gruff but obviously serious about his stuff.

"Hi, yes I'm calling from the reference of Shad Moss. I'm Crenshaw Reid?" There was a pause over the phone as he began typing.

"Ah, Miss Reid. Yeah, there's been a bit of news going about about you, huh?" He asked making me angry but I couldn't do anything to deny it.

He continued, "So are you a friend of Shad or is this a backwoods assistance arrangement?"

Answering honestly, "We've been seen in the public eye together, but it was strictly platonic. We were at club together then leaving separately, that kind of thing." He sighed through the phone.

"You're not going to make this easy for me are you?" He asked obviously annoyed.

"I'm sorry, but this was a while ago. This was before I even got into the limelight! I-I-I didn't think it was important to tell, but now that they're digging up my past-"

He cut me off, "Didn't you think that they would pull up every article bad, awful or indifferent?"

I silently just sat down in my couch, allowing his words to soak in.

"We'll due to you current actions, I doubt there is anything that you can throw at me that would make this situation any worse. I feel like making an appearance with those dancers of yours. That situation that's currently being explored by TMZ, could probably be defused if you all make a public display of forgiveness. Shopping trip, concert, party, studio shots, photoshoot. Something that people would see immediately and put aside the past conflicts. Call then and schedule something. Don't do it over twitter and don't text. CALL THEM & beg for forgiveness."

"But you just-"

"I know what I just said, but you've got to make some changes if you want to see your image change. I can work miracles, but you gotta put in some effort too, got it?"

" Yes", I answered slight grateful that she was forcing me to talk to them. Because at this point Paris hasn't come home in about 4 days, Brooke has been avoiding me like the plague and the Crew isn't even looking my way. All of this needs to change-and now. I can't make it without my friends, they started here with me and I don't want to move back to California knowing that our relationship have changed for the worst.

"Good, call me and let me know about everything once you've got the dates scheduled, Deal?" He asked, not really asking but demanding.

"Got it,"

"Okay," he started to hang up before I called for his attention once more.

"Yeah, Reid?" He asked slowly but curiously.

"Thanks Hank," I said sincerely grateful for his help.

"Yeah yeah, now go get your friends back." He told me laughing to himself a bit.

Sharing in his humor, I ended with a farewell and started comtacting the first person I knew would make the final call on our friendship.

I started calling Paris.