Four:Showing Off

In The Air

Chapter Four

“Iight, you already know Trey, my girl Pari and my new new girl Crenshaw” he said ploping on the couch next to me.

“Nah, blondie don’t be demoting me!” Pari said stealing his drink.

“Cren, this is the man right here. He’s worked with everybody aaaannnnd they momma.So what we was talking about earlier...” she pointed him and mouthed “you’re gonna wanna talk to him”.

The guy turned towards me  and Chris, behind him gave a nod with a thumbs up. I just smiled, trying to ignore his goofy silent hints behind my celebrity crush. I took a second to breathe before giving him my hand and introducing myself.

“Crenshaw” I offered over the music , he took my hand into his-it’s warmth engulfing mine. I felt him flinch a little bit.

“ Bow, but you iight? You a lil’ cold?” I blushed a little in embarrassment. Great I meet the guy I would call my husband ,infront of my middle school friends, and the first comment he makes to me is that he thinks my hands are cold!?!? I try to brush it off and let out a little laugh.

“yeah, it’s a little cool up here.” I replied not wanting to create a awkward moment too quickly between us.

“Well,” he licked his lips “body heat can warm faster than anything...” he stood up taking my hand pulling up with him. He smirked as my body collided with his.  “Warming up yet?” he said his hands on my back. Reflecting his look I slid out of his grasp and leading him to the dance floor. I noticed Paris and Tre already there among the crowded bunch. I pulled him deeper into the crowd away from the eyes of my nosey bestfriend.

I love the way you grind with that booty on me

Shorty you a dime, why you looking lonely?

We'll buy another round and it's all on me

As long as I'm around put it down on me

Just put it down on me, put it down on me

Down, down on me, put it down on me

Don't throw it off the mound, show me how it's gonna be

Girl, all I really want is you down on me, put it down on me

He put his hands on my hips as I rolled them side to side to the beat.

GET LOW!

GET LOW!

I put my hand around his neck, turning around so my back was to front. I slowed my movements as the DJ halted the track and announced that he had a request.

“All my party people out there, we have a anniversary in the house tonight! Lets give it up to my man D’Wan and his lovely lady of three years, Samia!” the crowd erupted into cheers as the couple waved from the DJ booth. Cheek to cheek smiling, they looked out into the group. Bow’s hands still on my waist, his thumbs rubbing circles- almost tickling me. I felt his breath make contact with my uncovered shoulder. Creeping onto my collar bone, I shiver against him.

The DJ continued, “For these two, lets take it low ya’ll.” Piano dripped from the speakers.

I was wondering maybe

Could I make you my baby

If we do the unthinkable would it make us look crazy

If you ask me I'm ready

I'm ready, I'm ready

If you ask me I'm ready

I'm ready, I'm ready...

He spun me around, trailing his finger tips along my sides. Swaying like tree tops back and forth with my body. He rubbed my arms bringing them up and around his neck . I slid my head off from his shoulders and looked into his eyes. He gazed back at me, hazily with a glint in his eyes. The lights were dim with low lit mellows flashing red and blue every time the chords of the piano were struck.

I hadn’t notice that the song ended until I saw people moving towards the bar around us. I felt a tug on my hand and followed it, pulling me towards a open section of the bar. He ordered vodka sprite and peach nuvo for me. We talked for about 5 minutes until his phone rang, finally able to hear something other that the sound system-he pulls it out. Looking at it with a kind of confused, annoyed and frustrated look. Only for a second, the next groupies came up between us forcefully shuffling me off to the side. Aggravated, I text Paris that I’m going home. Receiving a reply from Chris off of her phone.

hey im comin to get u 2morrow,  were gonna finish that dance…. -CBreezy

I smiled at his message while hailing a cab. As soon as I step out my clothes I drop into bed, not feeling like changing into pjs. Falling asleep faster than I ever have in my life.