One:In The Air

In The Air

Chapter One

“Paris, if you don’t bring your slow ass down those steps I’m gonna-” I stopped to think of an intimidating threat I knew would make her move faster, when I felt something rough make hard contact with my head.

“Ahh!” I yelled  in slight pain but mostly out of annoyance. I looked up to find Paris holding another decorative pillow in front of the glass banister, about to drop another one on my head.

“What was that you said, Hoe? I ain’t hear you...” she said with a look daring me to finish my sentence. I slouched deeper into the couch, turning my hat front way to avoid another pillow bomb.

“Yeah that what I thought, ya lil..” she turned back around,mumbling  to herself, to finish getting dressed.Within 20 minutes she was dressed and following me out the door, as I grabbed my bag and dipped.Outside the fall leaves whipped at the ground creating mini twisters around my sneakers. I heard Paris hiss in a breath as a cold gust of wind tossed around her mess of kinky curls.

“Oh my gosh, why can’t it ever be hot here like in San Diego?” she whinned.

“Girl you been living here longer than me,and you still can’t figure that out for yourself?” I laughed watching her hail a cab.

“Shut up, I just got us a cab. So boo you payin’” she said sliding into the checkered cab.

“Fair enough” I said surrendering with a small smile playing on my lips. I tapped the driver on the shoulder, he turned around with a sigh and a questioning look.

“7th and West, Please?” I asked politely.

“Oh, and if you bypass all this morning traffic, you’ll get a 50 buck tip” she added with a smirk, quickly snapping er seat belt.

“What the he-” the words got jerked out of my mouth before I had the chance to ever finish the sentence, as the driver floored the gas petal.

After the morning hell ride of a cab, I was ready to kill Paris but ,melted the feelings as I entered the studio building. Catching the warmth and rumble of a bass from one of the rehearsal rooms of to the side was a nice welcome.

“Come on, they’re in number 8” she said walking towards their studio.

“Uhm I’m gonna catch up with you in a minute, okay?” Following the sound of a bumping bass.Peeking into the small glass window,I noticed 5 or 6  workout machines on the carpeted half of the room. On the other half was made of hardwood surrounded by mirrors. My attention was quickly stolen by someone gliding across the floor.

Yesterday I fell in love

Today feels like my funeral

I just got hit by a bus

Shouldn've been so beautiful

Don't know why I gave my heart, gave my trust, gave everything

You think that if I had the chance

To do it over again

I'd do something different

Make better decisions

Save me from my ignorance

But I keep

Making the same mistakes before I

I see the danger but I go forward

I'm sitting here trying to keep my composure

Knowing inside I'm broken and tore up

She got me gone I'm on her like a truck

I try to go but end up wanting more

Stuck in my head baby there's a picture

I wanna be clean but I can't get rid of her

His muscles contracting between his shoulder blades,as his legs forcing his body forward and back with each movement.Smooth and choppy at the same time. He had me so hypnotized I didn’t notice the door easing open from the shift of my weight on it, until the squeak of the hinge made him look up.