Thirteen:Oh Sh*t

• Dedikert til The People Who Kept Messaging Me About This Story!

“So what do you think?” Brooklyn said snapping me out of my trance, as I sat with my plate of chicken and rice infront of me. She sat ready for my answer, giving up guessing what she was asking me I sigh.

“Come on, Cren. You’ve done that like three times since we’ve been here. This is why I think we should go. To get our minds off of things and to just have a girls day.”

She offered me a small smile of encouragement, nodding her head a little. I smiled back at her, why shouldn’t I get my mind off the disaster of a date? I thought to myself, taking a bite out off my chicken. Wait, what was she talking about again??
“So, when are we going?” I asked with a forced smile picking at my plate. What the hell, I need to do something other than work and dance with Chris. I am getting kinda bored around the flat.

I heard her squeal with excitement as she  answered me,”In 2 days” pulling out her phone rushing to text who I could only guess to be Paris. She began multitasking, talking  to  me  while she  was messaging Paris.

“So  while we’re on the trip we need to get some shopping done, we’ll get  into the best  clubs  of  course, Caesar’s   Palace  already  has my  reservations we’ll  get the  suit  with 3  separate rooms -’cause  you know  how I do...” she  continued to ramble until I caught  what she  said.

“Wait,  you  said Caesar’s Palace.As  in Las Vegas Caesar’s  Palace?”  I asked  not realizing  what I signed  myself  up for.

“Uhm , yea  that’s the best hotel/casino there.  Unless   you’ ve  got  another  idea  of  a hotel-not  that  it would  matter   because   I’ve already made the   reservations”  she responded sarcastically.

Well, I sure can’t  back out now. May as  well  enjoy  myself  while  I’m gone.  “Okay, okay  so  what   else  is planned  while  we’re  there?”  I  asked accepting the  fact that Vegas is  in   my  immediate   future. “We’re  going in 2 days, that’s  enough time to tell  everybody  about  me  going...”  I started digging  for my phone when Brooke quickly protested it.  In  her completely confusing  me  I looked to  her  for an explanation.  

“We’re  taking a vacation! This is a getaway girl, we’re  going to Vegas to  get  a break from all of  this.Not  tell to have it  come with  us. Just a break, okay?” she finished watching me to make sure I understood. Nodding my head relinquishing the phone that was in my grip.

After lunch Brook filled me in with the rest of the details for trip. Stopping by TarinTinno’s, Brook decided to turn me into her momentary Barbie Doll. Shoving me into the dressing room with the heels and a neon green body-con skirt and a pink sweatshirt I was. Incredibly resistant to change into the set of clothes she piled into my arms, I rolled my eyes with a smile,obeyed and changed.

Sliding the top over my head, frazzling my hair a little. I shimmied the skirt over my legs, feeling it grip tighter than any skirt Ive ever worn I debated on whether or not to walk out with in basically a belt. But seeing the outfit together in the mirror I lost the debate with myself turning to see how the skirt shaped and the heels elongated my legs.

Eventually pushing past the velvet curtain to walk into the isle, modeling Brook’s outfit I ran into another girl. She was slightly familiar and discombobulated with her hair sticking out some places.She smoothed out her skirt and straightened her clipped Ed Hardy top. A voice came out behind her as she scampered away, swishing her hips harder than necessary.

“Women and their damn lipstick.”

Turning around begging God to make me see a different face than the one I knew belonged to the voice.

“Mmhm I wouldn’t mind helping you take off your lipstick, Sweetheart.”

Feeling more disgust raging in my body than anger, I opened my eyes only to have them connect with the last person I think of. Trey