Twenty-Three: Crossing That Bridge

Brooke’s POV

Watching TMZ I thought of all this dirt people say about others and half of it isn’t even true. Picking up the remote to flip the channel I saw Trey’s face come up.

“ Is Mr. Songz singing another tune to this mystery woman?” The guy said standing up taking a sip from his water bottle, taking a guess I’d think he was the producer.

Another picture flashed up with his face awfully close to some chick, while she was laughing. The gears began to turn in my head, as I began thinking back to the day I saw him coming into the boutique with some other chick.

They thought that I didn’t see them, thankfully I was turned around. We haven’t really had a chance to meet fully, but please believe I know that Paris seems to think that they pretty monogamous.

And Paris? She was hoeing about as bad as I was and I’m single! If either of them found about what the other was doing? They would be all over the news, and who would be asked to comment on the twos’ relationship?

The Best Friends....

Boy, as high as they are in the celebrity news and Global Grind right now? Baby, I’d have some money.

“Shit!” I thought to myself thinking about Crenshaw’s wanna-be-peacekeeping ass. She would be the first person to try and calm both of them down. That’s not gonna happen though. All the shit she did in Vegas? Chris would drop her ass and Hefa would finally be able to focus on the dances.

My mind wandered on all the times we’ve had together.Thinking back, there really hasn’t been very many. After they left for New York without me, my parents were so intent on keeping me in Detroit.

We planned our entire future in New York- just us girls living it up. When the time rolled around to leave, they didn’t think twice about just heading off without me... I was stuck there without friends and my parents pushing me to become a preschool teacher at the local school as soon as I graduated from college.

Finally being able to catch a flight to the educational convention in Toronto, was my only way out of that lifeless town. I didn’t have anything but a small part of the money graduation and a duffle bag of clothes.

Finding work as a dancer and bar girl was only way I got money for the first few months here. At 21, finding Torento (Paris’ ex’s older brother) was basically my life line. He gave me a job at Club Faze, where all the big ballers played. I’ve met stars and had a few flings. I’ve been judged and have had to fend for myself.

Being out here long enough, it’ll teach you to trust no one and look after your own. They obviously didn’t learn soon enough....