Twenty-Two: Its Not Called Cheating If Youre Not In A Relationship

“Hey Chris!” I said as my heart was pounding out of my chest. I quickly gave him a hug as we walked out of the elevator separately.Avoiding his eyes, I turned my head and began to walk down the hallway to my loft.Hearing them exchange short greetings, my heart slowed. Okay, we’ll they’re obviously not going at it so thats good,right? I asked myself as a way feel better.

Feeling two pair of eyes burning holes into my back, I stayed calm retrieving my keys and unlocking the door. Looking back at the guys standing next to each other,their faces made me want to run in and forget about the entire situation.

I put on a smile opening the door, “So you’re just gonna stand out here?” I asked.

Hoping just Hef would take that as his cue, but both of them acknowledging my offer walked towards the door. Almost tripping over my luggage, brought up by the doormen I took to the stair to get some moments by myself.

Small chatter going on behind me resulted in my hands breaking out in sweat. Jesus help me,I need to think this through.Right when I thought things were going downhill, I heard laughter boom throughout the room. Freaked out, I turned to see Chris and Hef howling, Hef waving me off as not to worry. I let out a small breathy laugh, more of cautiousness than humor.

This making me want to escape the room even quicker, I made my legs move faster up the stairs. Standing against the wall out of view, I listened to the conversation. My nosiness getting the best of my, but also curious if I was going to become a topic of interest from either mouth.

Staying near the wall for a good twenty minutes before I realized that this wasn’t working. They stayed on music, dancing, and girls the whole time. I never came up and Vegas was only mentioned when asking about his trip for all of two minutes.

Going back to my room to wash and change, I saw a box on the bed. It was long and white with black embroidery. Gasping at the beauty of the box, I walked towards it dropping my bag on my dresser. Plopping on the bed, putting some pieces together. A tag was on the corner of the box,

‘Thank you -Trey’

Rereading the tag over and over again to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. This is from Trey, Paris’ Trey?? He’s thanking me? I can’t believe this, boy right now! He’s really thanking me for lying to my friend.

Throwing the box off into the corner of my room with a thud. I kicked off my shoes in the direction of the box, hoping to get it dirty. Grunting as I fell back onto my bed, like Chris said-this is none of my business. I need to stay out of it and let whatever happens? Happens. If their meant to be together then God will put them together.

The door slamming downstairs had me up and out of bed, walking over to the glass balustrade into the living room. I was met with Chris looking down as he moved closer.

“I was wondering when you were going to come down...” he licked his bottom lip stopping infront of me.

Beginning to stutter a bit I replied saying I was unpacking, sliding to the right of him downstairs towards the kitchen.Going around to the counter to take out a mug for tea, I was finally taking notice that we were the only ones here.

I turned expecting to see him a few feet away,we were chest to chest, gasping I almost dropped the mug. His arms were on either side of the counter, his breath grazed against my cheek and lips.

“Enjoy your trip?” he asked inches away from my face. Why is he so close?? Taking a breath in, I answered. “Yeah, we had a great time. Lots of parties...and drinks...dancing.”

Finishing I hip bumped his forearm, asking for an exit.He obviously didn’t understand what I was trying to do, I moved forward pushing against his chest. Looking down to my hands then back up at me, I turned at an angle and allowed me to move. I turned to start the pot for water.

“Great, you get the gifts we left?” he asked moving to the side, letting me out.

Nodding I looked back up at him and smiled, “Yea, we got your gifts. Charlie Brown, tho??” I said remembering the name, rubbers and costumes he left for us.

He grinned moving closer, “Did you use them?” he asked. Pearing up at him under my eyelashes, I shrugged. Ignoring his question I started walking to the other side of the kitchen island squeezing the honey in my mug.

“Why you walking away? Nah,come ‘ere answer my question!’” he came around towards me, half playing half serious. Oddly hearing a twinge of annoyance in his Virginian accent, peaking though his voice.

Focusing on stirring my mug of tea as I laughed off his comment again. Sighing know that he would never let up on asking me. I turned to answer, “Yeah, I used them.” He’s not getting anything else outta me. What Happens In Vegas Stays In Vegas, he doesn’t need to know I got it it with his choreographer.

What good would that do? What he doesn’t know, won’t hurt him...

A/N: Ay Y'all Still Like Trey?? Let Me Kno Who Y'all Like? Who You Hate?? Hit Me Up!