Chapter Thirty Four- On Your Left

Thanos looked more cautious now as if he was reevaluating me. Suddenly my stock was going up in his eyes.

"You know the power of the stone," Thanos said appraisingly. 

"I do now," I said trying to sound confident. Although I wasn't quite sure what was happening to me. 

"You know nothing." 

"I know I can kick your ass," I replied, narrowing my eyes. The power coursing inside of me was giving me confidence now. I could feel my hands heating up. 

It was my turn to show this purple grape who he was dealing with. 

"We'll see about that," he responded with a smirk on his lips. He went to take a step towards me, but I let out a breathe, moving my hands, letting the power ripple through me. Suddenly his foot was levitating in the air, his entire body falling backward. I used a shoving motion, sending his entire body into a pile of rocks behind him. I watched as his head smacked against them, his eyes wide with concern.

"I thought you would know the power of the stones better than anyone," I taunted, taking slow steps forward, my hands still raised. They were each glowing a bright sapphire, my metal arm carrying the power flawlessly. I could thank Shuri for that one. 

He went to get up, but I swished my hand, sending more rocks flying at him, slowly covering his entire body until all I could see was his head. 

I made my way toward him until we were face to face, I could feel him pushing against the rocks, but I  willed them further, harder, against his body. 

"You shouldn't underestimate what I can do. I'm not the little girl you met in the clearing last time. I promise I am not letting you take any more of my family. You'll think twice before you mess with any of them again," I threatened him, my hands glowing even brighter. 

"If I were you, I'd be keeping an eye on blondie," he said, eyes darting behind me. I turned quickly, my eyes searching for Steve. He was still on the ground.

"Are you okay?"  I sent in a brain message. 

"Morgan watch out!" he shouted out loud. 

Suddenly, with my guard down, Thanos broke free from the rocks, they went flying all around me. I turned back, putting my hand up instinctively. My mind projecting a force field. The rock went bouncing off of the light blue shield, not touching me at all. 

I let out a small laugh. What had this stone done to me? When my mind relaxed, my hands down, the shield evaporated as if it had never been there. 

Thanos noticed my glee, a frown set even further on his face. He threw his sword at me, and I threw my hands up again, mind back in the game. The blue shield was suddenly in front of me again, and the sword went bouncing off of it, clattering loudly to the ground. 

I watched as Thanos looked more frustrated with me, it was like he couldn't figure out his next move. But, I saw his eyes go to Steve again, a smile forming on his lips. 

"Don't-" I told him, but he was calling in his troops over his com. I looked behind him to see all of them lining up on the field. There were ships, tanks, and more troops than I could even think of counting. 

"You'll have to fight them all to keep that husband of yours safe and sound." 

"I plan to," I told him. 

Then, it was like he knew what I was going to do, so before I could lunge for him, he threw his sword at Steve, who still only had half a shield. I quickly teleported in front of him, throwing my hands in front of me as I felt the whoosh of the air. I had my eyes closed, hoping for the best. 

Then, when I opened them, the sword was on the ground, the blue shield protecting me once more. When I looked to where Thanos and I were earlier, he was gone. I could see he went back towards his side of the field.

"Dammit!" I screamed, sending a blue blast into one of the rocks beside me. A huge gaping hole was left in the ground where the rock used to be, smoke billowing everywhere. "I had him!" 

But, I quickly turned around to Steve. I wrapped him in a hug, the way he was on the ground earlier had scared me to death. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him again quickly. 

"You were amazing out there," he simply responded. 

I pulled back to meet his eyes, and he was looking at me like he has never seen me before. It looked like he was enraptured, amazed even. I could feel myself blush under his gaze.

"You were something else out there," he told me, and I could hear how proud he sounded.

"Well, I wouldn't be too excited. It looks like it's just you and me against an entire army," I said, noticing Thor and Tony were still down, and Thanos' army was ready to pounce. 

"I'll take those odds," he told me, kissing me on the lips quickly, and then he leaned down to pick up the half shield of his shield that was left. I watched as he strapped it to his arm, hands shaking as he did so. I grabbed one of them in mine, trying to steady them. 

"I won't let anything happen to you," I told him seriously. 

"I know," he responded, a small sad smile on his lips. It was like he knew this would be our last fight together. 

"I love you, no matter what happens," I told him.

"I love you too." 

"You ready to face them?" 

"With you by my side, I know I'm ready," he responded.

And then we both took a step forward.