Chapter Three: Destiny's Revenge

We were called back to Tony's room, it was time for an update. We all stood on the outside, not wanting to overcrowd him.

"Bruce gave him a sedative," Rhodey informed us. "He'll probably be out for the rest of the day."

"You guys take care of him," Carol spoke up. "And I'll bring an elixir when I come back."

"Where are you going?" I asked, standing to attention now. My arms crossed as she continued to walk out the door.

"To kill Thanos."

"Woah, woah, woah," I said following her out the door. "This isn't a one person mission. We're a team."

Carol turned around, Natasha and Steve were right behind me. I stood my ground and she stood over me. She was a few inches taller than me, but I wasn't going to bend under her pressure.

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight too," Steve told her, reasoning.

"Do you even know where he is?" Rhodey questioned her.

"I know people who might," she replied easily.

"Don't bother," Nebula, who we meant briefly, answered. Her voice low and serious. "I can tell you where Thanos is."

"Then let's get going," I said, ushering everyone to our new 'conference room.' We would have to talk this out, get a plan in motion before we just ambushed him. We wouldn't lose again, we couldn't.

Once we got in the room Nebula began her story.

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. During this time he would talk about his great plan. Even dissembled I wanted to please him. I'd ask him, where would we go once his plan was complete? His answer was always the same... to the garden."

"That's cute," Rhodey said.

"He had a retirement plan," I replied sarcastically. "You think he owns a farmer's hat? Overalls?"

Rhodey let out a chuckle at this.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for power surges of ridiculously cosmic proportions," Rocket said, using a hologram to show what he was talking about. "No one's ever seen anything like it. Until two days ago, on this planet..."

The hologram zoomed in on an orangish planet, the energy radiation seeming to be off the charts.

"Thanos is there," Nebula confirmed.

"He used the stones again," Natasha said.

"Why would he do that? Didn't he already get what he wanted?" I asked, eyebrows furrowing together. I couldn't understand why he would need to use them again. Or even how he could use them again.

"Too make himself stronger?" Natasha wondered.

"Either way, we need to take them from him before he uses them for a third time. Who knows what goes through that big purple head," I said, ready to go. I felt completely pumped to go now. I was ready to end this, to get those we lost back.

"Hey, we'd being going in shorthanded," Bruce countered.

"He's still got the stones," Rhodey seemed to agree with Bruce.

"So let's get them," Carol interjected. "We use them to bring everyone back."

"Exactly," I agreed, nodding my head. "There's no time to waste on this guys."

My recklessness was coming back tenfold. I seemed to have bottled it up when Tony was venting and now it was seeping out uncontrollably.

"Just like that?" Bruce questioned.