Chapter Thirty-Eight: Help

I searched once again for Steve, and I spotted him still fighting. I teleported straight to him. He jumped a little as I appeared in front of him.

But, he quickly recovered. His arms wrapped themselves around me quickly. 

"I couldn't see you and you weren't answering any brain messages!" Steve exclaimed, before maneuvering me out of the way of a bolt of lighting he hurtled at a monster. 

"I know! It was Maw! Listen, there's something I have to tell you! It's been killing me inside!" I told him, shouting over all of the noise.

"Duck!" I shouted, and as he did I sent an energy blast to a monster coming from behind him. 

As he stood upright, he gave me a look.

"Is now the best time?" 

"Isn't there a saying, 'no time like the present?'" I asked him. "Please, if I don't get it off my chest now, I may never have the chance." 

"Okay you're scaring me," he said, standing a little straighter. 

"It's not bad. Well, it was, but now it isn't," I told him, a little nervous now. 

He nodded, as if telling me to go on, before launching Mjolnir forward, sending it flying into a line of monsters. 

"You remember how I didn't tell you I couldn't have kids?" I asked. 

"Yes," he said, and I watched as a flicker of pain crossed his face. 

"Well, I withheld it for so long because I was scared of what you would think of me," I explained. 

"That's crazy, something like that isn't your fault. It was withholding it," he started.

"I know I know, but that isn't truly the reason I didn't tell you. I didn't tell you because I was relieved I couldn't have kids," I said. I let it all out before I could change my mind. 

"What?" he asked, more pain evident on his face. 

"Can I just show you what happened?" I asked, knowing it would be easier to show him what I had seen. The emotions attached to the scene. 

He slowly nodded, as if he wasn't sure. I put a force field around us for a moment, the light blue aura protecting us both. 

"I'm sorry. And I hope this clears everything, and I hope we can have a nice long talk after all of this," I said before placing my hand on his forehead. 

I projected the vision into his mind, making sure he saw everything. I wanted him to see and feel everything I did. 

I released my hand once he was done. I couldn't quite read his face, and I wouldn't go inside his mind. No matter how much I was dying to. 

"Do you hate me?" I asked, trying to get some sort of answer. I didn't have the patience to wait for one. I had to know everything would be okay. 

"No," he said simply. 

"I'm just sorry I didn't tell you the true reason. It was something I didn't quite understand myself and I just- I am sorry you were dragged along all of this and-" 

But his lips were on mine before I could finish. I leaned easily into the kiss. Not wanting to miss the opportunity to feel his embrace. 

"You're so strong," he said, pulling away. "You deserve so much. Nothing is more important than you and I. We are enough family." 

"I love you," I said, my eyes filling with tears.

"And I love you," he replied, and I could tell he meant all of it. 

"You lovebirds done yet?" Clint's voice was in our earpiece. "That force field is getting a little steamed up and we need to do something with this glove." 

"Let's end this," I said, letting my defense down. 

I turned to see Clint running, his arms still around the Gauntlet, he was pretty far off, when a huge monster rammed into him. He was sent flying, and the gauntlet was tossed to the ground. But, he sent an arrow into his face, electrocuting him. He picked the gauntlet back up. 

"What do you want to do with this thing?" Clint asked in the ear piece now. He was trying to play it cool, but I could detect the panic in his voice. 

"Hot potato until Thanos forgets?" I suggested, not sure what to do. This was why I was not the leader. 

"We got to get those stones as far away as possible!" Steve answered seriously now. 

"No!" Banner's voice was quickly heard in our ear pieces.

"No? What do you mean no?" I quickly asked back. 

"We need to send them back where they came from!" He responded, as if this was obvious. 

"There's no way to send them back. Thanos destroyed our time machine," Tony pointed out now. 

"Hold on!" Scott interrupted before anyone else had any other ideas. "That's not our only time machine." 

"What-" I started to ask. 

All of a sudden I heard 'La Cuccracha' blaring in the distance and a smile couldn't help but make its way on my face. 

"Does anyone see an ugly brown van out there?" Steve asked everyone. 

"Yeah, but you're not going to like where it's parked," someone's voice came through the ear piece. 

"And where's that? Thanos' backyard?" I asked, knowing thing could only go up from there. 

"Something like that."