Chapter Forty: Ending?

All of a sudden the ground started to shake, and there was a loud blast over head. It was followed by a ton more just like it. 

"Shit!" I yelled. 

I forced a large piece of debris in front of me as one of the blasts came heading straight towards me. The debris shielded most of it, but it a big piece broke off, smacking me backwards. 

I felt the hard floor as I rolled back. 

My eyes could barely see the ship as they focused in and out. All I could do was lay there. Then, I felt as if my eyes were tricking me as I watched the ship start breaking apart.

"The f-?" I started but suddenly I heard a thud beside me. I quickly scrambled to my feet, forgetting about the throbbing in my head, and my hands were glowing a bright sapphire. 

"Wow, quite the transformation," Carol said.

I instantly relaxed when I realized. 

"Thank goodness," I breathed. "We missed you at this party." 

"I heard we even get party favors," she said easily, nodding to the gauntlet in my arms. 

"Yeah, and it's a pain in the ass," I said. 

"I'm almost there, where's the glove?" Scott asked in our earpieces.

"I got hands on it," I said back. 

"You better start heading this way," he instructed. 

"Want to help a girl out?" I asked, gesturing to the van. 

"My pleasure," Carol said, a small smile on her face. 

Then, I heard footsteps and a bunch of the girls were around us, ready to help.

"We heard it was time to get the glove in place and we want to make sure this asshole doesn't ever touch it again," Wanda said. 

I nodded, suddenly feeling all of their eyes on me. As if they were waiting for my word. I could feel myself stand a little taller. I wasn't sure if I deserved whatever respect this was, but I wasn't going to disappoint them. 

"Alright, let's get it done. We are going to play one big game of hot potato. And if you see Thanos, I will go after him. So I will toss it to whoever I need to. Eyes on me," I told them, and then I walked towards the van. 

"You sure about this?" Carol asked me, looking across the field.

"Yeah, it has to be me." 

Then we all started walking across the field. 

"Thirty seconds!" Scott yelled. 

"Let's move!" 

Then everyone started running. I looked across the field and saw Thanos running towards the van. 

"Carol!" I shouted, she looked over at me, I threw the glove to her quickly. 

I took a deep breathe, then heard Steve call my name. But, then there was another voice in my ear piece. 

"Be smart Morgan," Tony said. I looked behind me and saw him flying around the field, but could see where his own course was headed. 

"You know me too well by now. I'm not always the smartest on the field," I told him. And then I teleported. 

I could hear Steve's voice on the com, fear evident. 

"Tony don't let her do this!" 

"We won't let anything happen to her Rogers," Tony replied calmly.