Chapter Thirty-Nine: Good Times

The van was all the way across the battlefield according to our eyes in the sky. It was surrounded by more than triple our troops. It was going to take a lot of teamwork to get this right. 

"Scott, how long do you need to get that thing working?" Tony asked. 

"Maybe ten minutes," Scott replied. I could tell he wasn't sure, but it was the only chance we had. And we had no choice but to take it. 

"Get it started. We'll get the stones to you," Steve told him. 

"We will?" I whispered to just Steve. 

"We don't have a choice," he reminded me. 

I nodded, knowing what we had to do. 

"We're on it Cap," Hope said, standing next to Scott now. I hadn't even seen her in her small form. 

The two of them shrunk down and went towards the van. 

"Now we have some stones to play with," I said, knowing this wasn't going to be easy. 

"We gotta keep our eyes out," Steve said, before hurtling the hammer towards a monster headed our way. I turned in time to energy blast a couple out of the way. 

"This would be much easier if these things would fuck off," I said, ducking out of the way as one of them sent debris flying at my head. 

"You really have such a potty mouth," Steve said as he helped me back to my feet. 

"You love it," I responded, smirking. 

"I do," he said easily back, his own smile returning to his face. 

I look up to see Tony flying through the sky, his armor shining as he took off. 

"Tony any eyes on the gauntlet up there?" I asked in the ear piece. I would do anything to stop Thanos from getting his hands on it ever again. Even if it was the last thing I did. He wasn't going to take any more family from me. 

"No, I lost it- wait, I think T'Challa has it," Tony said. "On your right!" 

I turned to the right, spotting the purple outfit easily. 

I gasped when I saw Thanos come almost out of nowhere, knocking T'Challa down. But, before I could move in, I saw a red aura all around him. There were pieces of wreckage floating all around him. 

I knew exactly who was dealing with him, and god speed to him. 

"I think Wanda has it," I said to Steve, who was about to move forward too. 

He nodded and then I saw as T'Challa went for the gauntlet. But, then Maw was on him, dragging him.

"Not this asshole again," I muttered before teleporting to T'Challa. 

As soon as I appeared I slammed myself into Maw who wasn't expecting me. His entire body went flying onto the floor. A groan came out of his mouth, he wasn't used to anyone ever physically hitting him. 

He let out a growl when he made eye contact with me, "You!" 

"You know I said the same about you," I said, holding up my hand as he came lunging towards me. It was as if some rage had taken over his body and he forgot to even use his powers, as if he could physically take me. 

He smacked into my blue force field. I turned to T'Challa, forcing the gauntlet into my hand. 

"Take this and get out of here, I have him," I said, turning my attention back to Maw who was now forcing rocks and debris at me. 

"Go!" I shouted, my force field starting to falter. 

T'Challa took off at a run, and when Maw turn to go after him, I forced rocks all in his path. It created a wall, one he wasn't going to penetrate. 

He turned back facing me. He narrowed his eyes. 

"You are worthless girl, the sooner you all realize this the sooner this can all be over!" Maw shouted, clearly frustrated. 

"And you are not worth my time," I said simply. I teleported right next to him, grabbing him and teleporting to the sky. Once we were up high enough, and far enough from the battle field, as far as my eye could see, and I dropped him.

I knew he'd catch himself, but it would at least by some more time. I then teleported back to the field. My eyes scanned the field. I watched as Steve threw Mjolnir across the field, and Peter webbed up, letting it carry him away from the outriders. 

I watched again as a blast hits him, sending him flying. Then, Pepper caught him just in time, passing him to Valkyrie. 

But, they were hit once again and he went falling, there was nothing for his webs to latch onto. No-one else could reach him. I took off at a run, teleporting in mid run, praying I timed it just right. I appeared right as he was midway in the air. I wrapped my arms around him, trying not to squeeze to hard with the metal one as I sent us flying with momentum. I took a big breathe, saw a spot, and teleported us both again. 

We landed on the ground, rolling across the floor. But I had my hands wrapped around his head, trying to protect it. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him, as we settled on the ground. 

"Uh yeah, thanks," he said, nodding at me. I could see in his eyes this was a lot for him. He looked scared. He looked like a kid. 

The last time I saw him he was trying to capture me for Tony. And now I was rescuing him. And this probably wasn't even the weirdest thing to happen to him all day. 

I got to my feet, and held my hand out. He took it, and I dragged him to his feet. He had his arms gripped tightly around the gauntlet. I reached out to grab it from him. 

He wretched back, like he wasn't sure. 

"I got this," I said easily. "I can handle it." 

"You-you sure?" he asked, eyeing me. 

"I promise, you can trust me," I said once again. 

Peter relaxed a little, and handed it over to me. 

"I don't know how you'll get over there." 

"Yeah, well, one step at a time."